Friday, March 27, 2009

I Won the Her World/Mary Kay Contest

I started entering contests organised by magazines last year when I saw my brother's girlfriend winning prizes from these contests. Though the prizes she won were not anything big, it got me interested in these contests.

I buy magazines like Her World, Cleo, and Female from time-to-time. And whenever I buy them, I'll join the contests that are organised in that particular months. Sometimes, they have great prizes like Crabtree & Evelyn hampers worth RM500, Benefit hamper worth RM500, Bobbi Brights palette and other cosmetics, etc.

Earlier this month, I received a letter from BluInc, the owner of Her World magazine. When I opened it, it said that I've won the Her World/Mary Kay contest organised in August 2008. Errr...yes, it's August 2008. It took that long for the results to be out. And this is the first time I've won anything from a magazine contest since I started last year. These are also my first Mary Kays.


The letter from BluInc


This is what I collected from the BluInc office about 2 weeks ago


I won 2 Mary Kay creme lipsticks and 2 Mary Kay Nourishine(TM) lip glosses. Each item is worth RM48, and I won a total of RM192 worth of Mary Kay products. YAY!!!


2 lip glosses and 2 lipsticks from Mary Kay


I did swatches of the lipsticks, but somehow the photo didn't turn out so well.

Here I will describe the lipsticks. The texture is very smooth when I swatched it on the back of my hand, but turns out quite sheer. I haven't opened the 2 bottles of lip glosses, but as you can see, the colours of the glosses quite match the lipstick colours.

So I think when I start to use them, I'll apply the lipstick first followed by the complementary lip gloss.

Wait for my "Lips of the Day" (LOTD).........

6 comments:

anieda said...

Congrats Vivon....i pun tak pernah menang any contest...hehehee..you are so lucky because for the first time u menang dengan product from Mary Kay..ramai yg suka the lipstick colors and gloss colors...congrats again...YEAAY!!

Vonvon said...

Hi Yusnieda,

Thank you so much. Yep, lippies from Mary Kay memang cantik. :)

Sherry said...

time flies now 2010.

Vonvon said...

Yes, Sherry dear...how fast....and so many things can happen in just a matter of 1 year...:)

Anonymous said...

What are the 2 shades of creme lipstick you won. Mind sharing? They look nice.

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

The lighter shade is Fros Rose, while the darker shade is Berry Kiss.

Thank you for dropping by and commenting. :) And also reminding me to use these 2 lipsticks. ;)