Saturday, March 21, 2009

What A Saturday!

On Friday, I was all grumpy and frumpy from slow IZZI net connection, uttering so many profanities on my Facebook and it didn't help that there was some one bugging and breathing down my neck (not my little girl definitely!) She's been quite an angel lately, bugging me only when hungry or sleepy.

Anyways, today (Saturday) was simply great fun despite so many, many unpleasant circumstances.

In the morning, I took my little girl to attend YSL Spring 2009 Makeup Workshop at Parkson Pavilion. It was conducted by YSL international makeup artist, Patrick Havegheer. It was very interesting and went well till my little girl get cranky. But she was all happy again when Patrick put on her favourite green shade eyeshadow for her. He actually made up her whole face.

It ended way past 1.30pm, and I had to rush off to Plaza Mont Kiara in Mont Kiara, of course, for the Clarins Pure Pampering Workshop. Actually it was my blogger buddy, Miu, of Plus Size Kitten, who called me the night before telling me that one of her friends couldn't make it and I can take her slot! Yippee!! But how to make it from Pavilion KL to Mont Kiara? To top it up, I don't know that area well. But not wanting to miss the chance to hang out with Miu, I drove all the way, lost my way in Sri Hartamas, stopped to ask at a petrol station and finally got there at 3pm plus...Huh!! And they actually wouldn't let me in, saying they were having a private function but Miu already written my name on their list when she registered earlier. Thank you so much, Miu! By the time we got there, the demos were already over. Hence, we just enjoyed the food and had some pampering session. And met some new friends too! :)

More on each event later............

6 comments:

Miu said...

glad u enjoy your day! you & baby girl = angels. She's so cute posing with the Clarin's goodie bag! Wish I could go to the YSL on SUNDAY & lucky thing I didn't force myself to attend the Sat since they cancel Sunday. I wouldn't have made it in time to Clarin's workshop! and miss out on my facial demo which I did today as their facial model. It was really PURE PAMPERING! oh la la..

love clarins treatments, u should try to! 50% off at clarin's counter for 1st timers :) I was hooked one time and..now a member! lol

Vonvon said...

Hey Miu, I really want to thank you again for informing me about the Clarins thingy. You are also an angel:) Ayna too, and all your other friends, who were so willing to help me watch over my little girl so that I could enjoy myself too. It's just that she's a bit reserved when she meets people for the 1st time or hardly see them.

Oohh, Clarins treatment that good? Then, I surely must try. I love pampering stuff. Which are the counters that do treatment? 'cos the girl at Clarins Parkson Pavilion a bit acuh-tak-acuh when I bought my eye palette the other day. And she's always running off to entertain other customers, then 'pressuring' me to buy up to RM250 to be a member. After that, she showed me those 'faces'...so I got pissed, bought the palette then left. If not because I wanted that palette so much, I would have left immediately she tried to hard-sell me!

Miu said...

oh O_o!!! didn't tell me about this yesterday u! if they wanted to do some selling, that's ok but if customers are not interested, they shouldn't show their "emotions" like that! very unprofessional. What's wrong with these people, don't they understand economy is not very well now and if you had already bought something she should be happy! these sales people all think a customer could just fork our rm200-300 to become member suddenly? That's what's wrong now, money seems to be easily spent at their counters that they forgot there are people who don't earn (housewives) or earn as much (middle class/poor) but still manage to buy something from them! That's a blessing u know! you don't give them faces bcoz they can't spend more.

Even if it's filthy rich Datins let's say. She don't want to buy, she don't want lah right? don't tell me push n give faces somore? the Datin probably complained to management about the rude services.

Vonvon said...

Miu: Yesterday we were all having fun, no need to complain this or that lor...

What to do?? I always tell myself most of these people, not all la (I have met some very, very nice SAs too!), are just form 5 leavers. How can they understand the reality that economy is bad now? It's not that I can't afford to buy more, but why should I buy more from her, when she ran off to layan other customers, not once, but 3 times, then only came back to layan me. I was so pissed already! Want me to buy some more, sorry ler....

mIZz *.* aYNa said...

No picture aaaa??? Hehehhe, I'm so looking forward to read both you and Miu2 review... I'm so malas to blog about it, x sampai seru lagi, hehehhe =P Anyway, it's so nice to meet u and rainbow, hehehe =P she probably can do better makeuP than me, hahhaha =D

Vonvon said...

Ayna, read my newer post on the YSL thingy....lotsa pix. This post is just a general view on my Saturday. really nice meeting you too :)