Friday, April 24, 2009

New From Estee Lauder And A Little Contest

Well, they are NEW to us here in Malaysia but I've been eyeing them for a few months now in their US website.

And at the end of this post, will be the contest! Please take some time to read first. ;)

Yesterday I received a phone call from the Estee Lauder counter in Parkson Pavilion telling me that they already received testers for some of the products from the Summer Collection. No, not from the Vivid Garden or Bronze Goddess, well, at least, the SA who served me didn't know about it. My friend was not there, but I actually saw her at the EL counter in Parkson KLCC as I was leaving the Stila counter.

Anyways, I took the chance to test out their Pure Color Gloss Sticks which came in 8 shades, but in the US website, it showed 12 shades. I'm fine with just 8 colours because I already had trouble deciding on which colours I like and I want! The colours range from nude to bright red. I swatched several colours namely the brighter ones, but the photos of the swatches didn't turn out so well. But of the swatches I made, I particularly like Sunlit Coral. As the name suggests, it's a coral shade with orangey tone. I tried to find it in the US website but the colour that came the closest to this Sunlit Coral is Orange Poppy. Ahem, I had a feeling they are both the same colour but with a different name. I had described it 'with an orangey tone'. Hence, could the name change be attributed to the word 'Poppy'? Anyways, I'm not in the enforcement and I would not speculate either.

Edit: According to Paris B's site, there were actually Sunlit Coral and Orange Poppy colours, though I haven't seen the Orange Poppy shade at the Estee Lauder counters I visited. And neither can I find Sunlit Coral on the US website. I will clarify this the next time I visit their counter.


My favourite shade - Sunlit Coral



Next were the Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadow Cremes. I can say they were awesome. May be it's because I have a thing for cream eyeshadows and those from Benefit are pretty expensive here in Malaysia. Estee Lauder's is priced at RM65 for 5g while the Benefit ones RM85 for 4.5g. There were 8 colours here and in the US website, 10 colours, including 3 limited editions. 2 of the limited editions (Golden Apricot and Silver Leaf) are found here, and 2 colours are not in Malaysia (Sea Mist(limited edition color) and Lilac Petals).

UPDATE (19/05/2009): Sea Mist and Lilac Petals are now available in Malaysia at selected Estee Lauder counters. I saw them at EL counters at Isetan KLCC and Isetan the Gardens last weekend. And what else did I do with them? BOUGHT THEM, of course! ;)


Top row, L to R: Blue Velvet, Silver Leaf (limited edition), Pink Blush, Antique Gold.
Bottom row, L to R: Golden Apricot (limited edition), Ivory Lace, Vintage Violet, Precious Jade.



Below are the swatches of all 8

From L to R: Silver Leaf, Ivory Lace, Vintage Violet, Precious Jade,
Pink Blush, Blue Velvet, Golden Apricot, Antique Gold.



And something for you readers to ponder till the reviews on these 2 products........do take a closer look at some of the colours? Do you see some similarity of certain colours to certain colours of some eyeshadows from a certain brand? The difference is Estee Lauder's are creme while the other, powder.



Do I like these 2 new products from Estee Lauder? The answer is a BIG YES!! I'm waiting till May to purchase the Sunlit Coral and some of the creme shadows, as the Model Search event is starting on May 4th. I'll use the makeover voucher to redeem some of these lovelies. :)


Now.......the contest......

This is the first contest organised by Vonvon's Interests, preceding a major giveaway in May.

T
o enter this contest, answer these 2 question:

1) What brand of eyeshadow does some colours of the Shadow Creme similar to?
(There is only ONE answer to this question.)

2)Take a guess:
Which are my favourite colours of the Estee Lauder Shadow Creme?

(Hint: I like half of all the colours, that means, there are 4 colours which are my favourites. Just name 2 colours of the 4.)



Please write the answers in the comments below telling me where you are from, together with your valid email address (to make it easier for me to contact you if you win), for example:

Raindeer (from Petaling Jaya)
1) Stxxx

2) Blue velvet and silver leaf

abc@yahxx.com




Contest Rules:

1. This contest is open to Malaysians and residents of Malaysia with a valid Malaysian mailing address ONLY. This is due to the high cost of posting the prizes outside Malaysia. I'm sorry, my international readers.

2. The closing date for this contest is 1st May 2009, 6PM (Malaysian Time, GMT +8). After that, I will close comments and choose the winners. There will be 2 winners for this contest, chosen based on the correct answers to both the questions above.

3. Incomplete entries will be disqualified and I will delete your comment.

4. One reader is entitled to leave one comment only. Please give others a chance. No spam please!

5. Depending on the amount of entries, I will announce the 2 winners by the latest, 5 days after the contest closed. And the winners will have 48 hours upon receiving my email informing you of the win to respond failing which the prize will go to the next winner.

6. Prizes will be posted by me via registered mail/poslaju (depending on your location) and I will bear all the cost of postage.


OK, enough of the rules, the prizes will be...........

MAIN PRIZE

A Cyber Colors mascara in black and
Stila's Shadow Pots in Taupe





CONSOLATION PRIZE

Stila's Lip Glaze Stick in Vanilla





Note: I'm not paid by Estee Lauder to write this post. This contest is organised on my own initiative as a gratitude to my readers for your support. All the prizes are sponsored solely by me.



So, what are you waiting for?? Quick, leave a comment!


18 comments:

Miu said...

wah.. must hardworking answer liao!

MY said...

hi there..

MY (from Bangi)
1) Benefit
2) Golden Apricot and Antique Gold
krillykz@yahoo.com

*You Lite Up My Life* said...

Vivian (from KL)
1) Stila
2) Golden Apricot and Antique Gold
vivianchoo3275@hotmail.com

thanks for organising such an informative contest, hope I'll be the lucky one ^^

Anonymous said...

hi vonvon..let me try:
i'm angelzoe (from damansara)
Q1: Stila
Q2: tough one..but i guess its Vintage Violet and Pink blush.;D
angelzoe80@yahoo.com

nadya said...

nadya (shah alam)
1) benefit
2) antique gold and golden apricot
(nadyabloom@yahoo.com)

♥ Anngel ♥ said...

ann
1)benefit
2) vintage violet & antique gold.
(muahzz.ann@gmail.com)

*this is not good guess from me! :D
i dont do eyeshadow. haha! no idea laa darl! =)

mIZz *.* aYNa said...

Hi there vonvon... i'm just trying my luck here, heheheheh ^_^ my answers are:-

1) Benefit (creaseless cream shadow/liner)
2) Vintage Violet & Blue Velvet..

Miu said...

Miu (TTDI)

I'll take a wild guess ok? kekeke

1. Stila
2. precious jade and antique gold

Anonymous said...

Lily (Selayang)

Just a wild guess,

1. stila
2. Golden Apricot, Antique Gold

LyNn said...

Lynn (from Subang Jaya)

1. Benefit
2. Antique Gold (since I like this one too) and Golden Apricot (just a wild guess)

clgoh_1910@hotmail.com

ann mah said...

AnnMah (Kajang)
1) Stila
2) Ivory Lace & Golden Apricot
dorinchin@gmail.com

#ChRiS# said...

Chris (Cheras)
1). Stila
2). Silver Leaf & Ivory Lace(just guessing, coz this 2 colours is more wearable daily)

chris_cherry127@yahoo.com

Traclyn Yeoh said...

I'm just giving this a try...

Traclyn Yeoh (Kuala Lumpur)
1. Benefit
2. Ivory Lace and Pink Blush

traclyn_tweetybird@yahoo.com

Thanks for organizing this contest!

Anonymous said...

Lily (Subang Jaya)

Just try my luck with a wild guess...

1. benefit

2. golden apricot and antique gold

lisya_gurl79@yahoo.com

Gloria said...

Hi! Just wanna give it a shot...

Gloria (from KL)
1. Stila
2. Silver Leaf & Precious Jade
gm2chia@gmail.com

Thanks!

Jenn said...

Great job Vonvon!! As mentioned in my blog i won't be joining due to my location, but thank you for organizing contest!! Good luck to everyone who's joining!! :D

fann fann said...

Hi,

To try out my luck,

Fanny (from KL)

1. Stila
2. Antique Gold & Precious Jade

fannytbl@gmail.com

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

WC (PJ)
1. Stila
2. Golden Apricot, Ivory Lace