Wednesday, May 27, 2009

EOTD: Stila Pomegranate Smudge Pots

Stila's Pomegranate Smudge Pots is probably the latest and probably the last of Stila's new Smudge Pots that we are getting here in Malaysia before Stila officially says BYE BYE to us in a few days' time. Looks like we won't be getting the Stila's 24kt Smudge Pots from its Summer 2009 collection nor the Kitten Smudge Pots from the Fall 2009.....sob sob.....

Actually when I first saw the Pomegranate Smudge Pots at the Stila counter, I was a bit apprehensive to try it as it was RED! OK, it was not like bright red or blood red, but more like brownish red. I know many girls had the same reaction to the idea of a red liner for the eyes?

Well, yesterday, I finally tried out the Pomegranate Smudge Pots I bought a few weeks ago.

Stila Pomegranate Smudge Pots
I have used Stila brush #4 to apply it.


I have used the Pomegranate Smudge Pots with my eyeshadows from the 'Do You Ever Finish Anything' Challenge.

So here you are......

Eye Of The Day (EOTD)






Items used:
-Benefit F.Y...Eyes eyeshadow base
-I Nuovi Under-eye Dark Circle corrector
-Stila Shadow Pots in Honey
-Stila eyeshadow in Mist
-I Nuovi Metallogy eyeshadow in Rosegold
-Stila Pomegranate Smudge Pots
-Stila brush #4
-Estee Lauder Turbo Lash Vibrating Mascara

After skincare and Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser SPF 15 in Shade 01, I applied
I Nuovi Under-eye Dark Circle corrector to cover my undereye dark circles by dabbing it with my finger.
Then, I applied the
Benefit F.Y...Eyes eyeshadow base on my entire lids and also on my lower lash lines. While waiting for the eyeshadow base to set(about 3 minutes according to the instruction), I applied my blush and lip gloss.
After that, I patted
Stila Shadow Pots in Honey onto my entire lids and the outer corners of my eyes.
I used my finger to apply
Stila eyeshadow in Mist to the inner corner of my lid up to about two-third towards the outer corner. Then, again I used my finger to apply I Nuovi Metallogy eyeshadow in Rosegold from the outer corner inwards to meet the Stila eyeshadow in Mist. Blend, blend, blend.
Finally, I used Stila brush #4 - the tip, to apply the
Pomegranate Smudge Pots in a very fine thin line on my upper eye lids.
And finished off with my new favorite -
Estee Lauder Turbo Lash Vibrating Mascara to the upper lashes and very gently to the lower lashes as well.


To my surprise, it was so easy to apply the smudge pots(this was only my 2nd time, the 1st was during the Stila makeup workshop), in terms of the texture of the Smudge Pots and the usage of the brush, that there was not even any smudge beyond the area I had intended to apply the smudge pots.


Have you tried the Pomegranate Smudge Pots? Come share with us....


2 comments:

ann mah said...

Von, I tried already and yes. I like the texture and easy to apply. The colour I tried is Cobalt (Deep Blue)...look nice too..hehe.

Vonvon said...

I got the Cobalt smudge pots too, planning to use it with the Sapphire smoky eyes. :)