Friday, July 24, 2009

Crappy Day......

It's Friday and my whole weekend is planned out filled with loads of activities but still I am just feeling crappy!!! I don't know why....PMS, perhaps??

But I have to thank some fellow bloggers for chatting with me earlier in Miu's chatbox and it helps cheer me up a little........

Heaps of laundry waiting to be done, mountains of cleaned laundry waiting to be folded, and some of my new clothes to be hand-washed or I don't know what to wear for my workshops tomorrow and Sunday, next weekend for the RMK and next next weekend for my Kiehl's party!!!

Then, there are 2 sinkfuls of dishes waiting to be washed and my dish rack is running out of space..and...and...and......my fingers are so wrinkled from prolonged contact with water and the so-called natural dish-washing liquid....yea, right...natural??? My hands now feel stinging and so dry and coarser than even the coarsest of sand papers!!! I know, I know....you'll tell me to wear gloves....but I am sick!! I want to touch and feel with my own hands that all my dishes are thoroughly cleaned and have that squeaky clean feel and....and...and....a bit OCD on this!!! Of course, I slather on loads of hand cream (Boots, Crabtree & Evelyn, etc etc.....how about Kiehl's?? I haven't tried any hand cream from Kiehl's!) after.......only to need to wash my hands again few minutes later when my little girl asks me to prepare her milk for her!!!!

Huh!!! Being a stay-at-home-mom is NO JOKE!!!! No tai-tai, you know? Tai-tai doesn't need to do housework and ends up with hands worse than a mui chai's!!! :(((((((

Alright, I'll stop here before the Complain Queen goes into full-drive mode! Huh!!

My washer just beeps and time to hang my princess' laundry which she had bugged me to do earlier and nope! To protect her clothes, her Daddy insisted that her clothes not be put into the dryer for drying. Actually, my clothes too...hehe!! And to clear space for her laundry, I need to fold all the exisitng dry laundry. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I will come back later with some beauty news.............

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiya same like me la......except my GUNUNG OR BUKIT laundry i wash at weekend...daily wash gym clothes after gym about 10 nite liao =,="".....this what u call " L.O.V.E" mah.....LOL LOL........so i express MUI CAI at saturday sunday FULL TIME hahaha......>_<"" husband wont help one lor hahaha...bcus he busy his computer game =.=""

tutu

Jessying said...

ini also ada masalah besar.. hahah dont know what to wear... stress of all times...

Makeupholics said...

Being a staying-home-mom is indeed a real hectic job, having to take care of the entire family needs and wants.

Perhaps you can try Burt's Bees banana hand cream, it works great !!

Anonymous said...

At Shop i'm "one leg kick" at house i also a housekeeping, tuition teacher, Mui chai,Hokkien say "paimia"!!! haha
JUNEMOON

Vonvon said...

Hi tutu,

At least now you have laundry and house work for 2, when you have kids, the load will triple....quadruple... my little girl's clothes, her toys strewn all over the floor, food crumbs, etc etc...huh.... here I pack up her toys and the next moment, she overturns the box and all her toys are on the floor again. So in the end, I just leave them as they are....

Vonvon said...

Yea, Jess, my wardrobe is overflowing yet I still spend lots of time thinking what to wear to which occasion.... ;)

Vonvon said...

Hi Makeupholics,

Thank you for the suggestion. Banana hand cream sounds delicious! But I don't know where to find Burt's Bee in Malaysia.... Seen them in Boots in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Hi dear,

Sorry to hear bout the mountains of washing. Hope you will feel better after some fun tomorrow? Looking forward to seeing you.

abby

Dee said...

Burts Bees Banana Hand Creme does works wonders as well as the Almond Cuticle Salve. Being a stay at home mom is hard, my mom always gets tired half the day. She's cleaning, washing, cooking, etc. I feel bad sometimes I'm not home to help her much. You need some rest hun.

Anonymous said...

totally agree with you that stay-at-home-mom is a never ending job. how i know?? coz i am 1 myself except that i also work from home. so it's double, gotta work and gotta take care of my son and family's needs ie cleaning, laundry etc.

my hands get really dry too and to make matter worse, i also have skin issues. Have tried all sorts of hand cream, the best is still Skin Repair and it's affordable too. Even expensive ones are not good enough compared to this. I've been using this for years.

Apply once at night b4 bedtime is enuf, coz like u, same here, apply during the day, in less than 5 minutes have to wash it all off and make food, make milk, take son to toilet etc etc. so no point in applying during the day, only end up using more soap to wash it off. :(

I also got alot of ranting to do. Guess, all who has to do house work and take care of kids are like this, get fed-up sometimes, but after looking at our kids faces, all worth it :)

Vonvon said...

Abby: Definitely felt better after the busy weekend, but the mountains are still there! Haha!! At least the sinks are empty now. ;)

Dee: Thank you for empathizing. I'll try to get hold of the Burt's Bee and Almond Cuticle Salve. Can we get these 2 in Target?

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for sharing.

I have to agree with you it's a 24/7 job and of course, from time-to-time, we just need to let it out or it's not good for our health and general well-being either. And it's better to rant it out in writing than to 'explode' on our kids or other half, right? :)

May be some time, we could meet up for a drink? You can email me: vonbeautyexpress@gmail.com

Dee said...

Yup, you should be able to get them at Target. And thanks for you comment dear! Do let me know if you got anything from MAC's Love That Look! :D

Vonvon said...

Hi Dee,

Thanks for letting me know.
I just checked at our local MAC yesterday and Love That Look is not here yet until next month. So looking forward to it! ;) Will let you know.

Anonymous said...

vonvon,

Love That Look and baby bloom is out in kl now. just informed by my MA. :) ~y

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for informing me. :)

Perfect timing since my Kiehl's party is just right below MAC Pavilion. Could test some Love That Look e/s out before going to my party. ;)

Anonymous said...

hope u'll like their latest collection. i didn't get anything from baby bloom, the tinted moisturiser is permanent and the lip tint is just to sheer for me.

However, i got myself, 4 eyeshadows from the starflash collection, haha, so much for self restrain. (actually alot of restraining involved already) the texture and colour payoff is amazing. :)

btw, the dior jazz collection is also worth checking out at pavillion tomorrow since they have a big counter at parkson.

ok, have a good day tomorrow at kiehl's.

good night :)

~y