Friday, July 3, 2009

'Do You Ever Finish Anything Challange' Ended....And The Results.....

This post has been long overdue. The challenge had ended on 19 June.

Anyways, I think this challenge sounded quite interesting at the beginning, but when I had actually started it, I realized that it was not an easy challenge but I persevered and managed to hang on till the end. Though I must say that on certain days during the 1-month period, I did divert and used some other items instead of those stated in the challenge. And I did use many other additional stuff.

And yes, I also did mention that I would do updates on this challenge, but unfortunately, I just got bored of the same stuff everyday for 1 whole month that the novelty of everything just wore off and I just couldn't be bothered with any update, except for one (and that's because I fell instantly in love with the Stila Pomegranate Smudge Pot!).

OK, I'll spare you all the boring stuff and let's see how did I fare in this challenge....

I think the best that I have done is with the blush.

The pix on the left was taken at the beginning of the challenge and in the afternoon with natural lighting.
The pix on the right at the end of the challenge but the lighting(still natural lighting) was not that good as it was taken on a cloudy day.
But if you look closely, I bet you can see that the glitters and the imprints of the rose had faded in the pix on the right.



With the eyeshadow base.........

The 'crater' did become slightly deeper at the end of the challenge but still a long way to finish (right).


With the cream eyeshadow..............

Just a very slightly deeper 'crater' and the diameter of the 'crater' is larger (right).


With the eyeshadow.......


Not much of a difference.....


And with the lipgloss, I hardly noticed any change even though I had used it everyday, on its own and sometimes, over a lipstick.


CONCLUSION: I cannot use the same cosmetics everyday for longer than 3 days max! It will take me a few more years before I could finish up everything currently in my existing stash.....err.....and does that mean no more shopping for new cosmetics from now on??? OH NO!!!!!
It's just very difficult to finish up color cosmetics as many who had undertaken this challenge found out.


But this doesn't deter me from continuing with similar challenge but may be in a 'mini' scale....let's say, USING COLOR COSMETICS SOLELY FROM ONE BRAND FOR 1 WEEK. For example, for 1 week, I will be using eyeshadows (minimum 2 colors/a palette), blush and lipstick/lipgloss from Estee Lauder (my favorite brand for its quality, good customer service and generosity in giving out freebies!) and instead of seeing how much they were used up, I will do some FOTD posts and/or review on some of the cosmetics used.

I will start on these mini-challenges when I finish writing all the backlog posts.

Stay tuned!






4 comments:

HaNNa_HuLLaBaLoo said...

You're so disciplined to finish this challenge! Haha I was never interested in the challenge even from the begining, coz I know my impatient I can be with sticking with the same cosmetics, every single day. =P

Vonvon said...

Hi Hanna,

Well, it wasn't easy for sure! Towards the end, I was actually dragging myself to use them. Don't get me wrong though, I like all the products and the colors and everything. But it's just that using them everyday, even when I used some add-on shadows and lippies....it's just too boring!!!!!!

I just like varieties in my makeups. ;)

HaNNa_HuLLaBaLoo said...

Just like nasi lemak, you know? I love nasi lemak but that doesnt mean I feel like eating it every single morning, haha!

Similarly, though I love my Sugar Brown Lip Glaze so much, I find it boring to should I have to use it every single day.

Vonvon said...

Hanna, I absolutely agree!! :))