Sunday, August 23, 2009

EOTD: Blue And Jades

OK, this is my 1st MAC Paint Pot which is a gift from the sweet Tutu, in Rollickin', and also my 1st attempt at using it.

Basically this whole EOTD was more like an experimental one as while doing this, I was using all 3 of the following products for the 1st time. So it didn't turn out to be quite what I had expected. But this is also part of my craze now into cream shadows, though I must admit, I am quite lazy to use it. May be just crazy collecting them...hehe...

Just a few words before I proceed....

The MAC Paint Pot has a somewhat dry texture. I was advised by Tutu to use it as a base and apply it with finger which I did but it kind of dry up very quickly on my lids before I could finish blending it. Hence I ended up with some unevenness as you can see in the following photos.

Products used:

Top left: MAC Paint Pot in Rollickin'
Top right: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in 03 Precious Jade
Bottom: Stila Smudge Pot in Jade and Stila brush #4 for its application (not shown in the photo)



Firstly, I applied MAC Paint Pot in Rollickin' with my finger up to the crease. Note some unevenness in the color distribution.





Then, I applied Estee
Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in 03 Precious Jade, again with my finger, from the outer corners of my eyes inward to about 1/3 and blend it with Rollickin'. (Not so clearly seen as I just used a very light hand.)





Finally, using Stila brush #4, I applied
Stila Smudge Pot in Jade onto my upper lash line and finished off with a touch of the Estee Lauder Turbolash mascara.







Eye Of The Day



So this is my 1st try at using all cream products for EOTD. Lots more room for improvement definitely! :)

4 comments:

Dee said...

You should definitely add a powder shadow on top and it would give you a nice vibrancy. I don't like paint pots much but they do come in some really nice colors!

I can't wait till your haul post dear! I had to wait on Love The Look since I'm trying to be good on spending cash on makeup, haha. The Makeup-Art collection is okay, but I didn't really see anything I had to get in particular. The eyeliners that they came out with are real nice and super bright though.

Vonvon said...

Hi Dee,

Thanks for the suggestion. My friend did forewarned me to top up with some powder shadows. Looks like the shadows I got from Love That Look would be good to apply on top of the cream shadows....the colors kind of matched....

Anonymous said...

von ar...i think hor....u must put more.....the PP....then after that u must use more vibrant colour on top of the PP ...so u can see.....bcus the rockllin itself colour very faint......i use that colour hor...i like apply 2 or 3 time kakakaka...otherwise i also feel the colour is like not deep enuf.....

i draw blue black eye sumore =.="" but turn out ok.....hahahaha

tutu J

Vonvon said...

Tutu ar...thanks ah....I was trying, then thought should be ok lor for the 1st time...

Btw, my MAC SA actually told me to use brush to apply wor...synthetic brush since this is cream...

Next time will try with a brush....hopefully will be better. :)