Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Retail Therapy

Well, instead of naming it another 'haul' post, for a change, indeed it was a retail therapy for me over the weekend. As I had been on some sort of shopping ban for a while, I had been postponing the purchase of some of the MAC eyeshadows from Love That Look collection, then came the SMS informing me of the Kiehl's special Merdeka offer and then, there's Anna Sui with its irresistible offers and GWPs.....

Huh!! So the 'treatments' I got as part of my retail therapy are.............


From MAC.....

Well, these 3 colors are not quite the usual colors I'd get for eyeshadows but I thought why not give these 3 a try this time. The rest of the colors from Love That Look collection either don't really attract me that much or I already have similar colors. Besides, I am waiting to check out the eyeshadows from the Make-Up Art Cosmetics Maira Kalman collection which is already out in MAC stores, and also the brightly colored Technokohls!

And pssttt....*whispering* heard that MAC will be increasing some of their prices in September. So might as well get them while it's still RM57 per shadow!



From Kiehl's....

My latest Kiehl's haul and some samples

Both items I got are Kiehl's star products!
The Over-Night Biological Peel - I started using it last night (25 August 2009). It says can be used up to 3 times a week. I'll review it after a few usage. Stay tuned.

And the CDC body moisturizer....I had made a short review on it a while ago based on the sample I got. A full review will be coming up as well.



From Anna Sui.....


My Anna Sui haul
Top row: The new Anna Sui Moisture Rich Powder Foundation in B-02 with its rose casing.

Bottom row, from left to right: Face Color Accent in #350 (a similar color to BB blush in Pink Sugar, but I'd rather pay slightly more for the nicer Anna Sui packaging, better service from the Anna Sui SA and more generous promotional offers/GWPs!!); Anna Sui oil blotter refill which I bought to top up to RM400 to qualify for the GWPs, including the Star Lamp; Eye glitter in gold (don't remember the number, huh!); and Anna Sui foldable hair brush (I need a hair brush to carry around in my bag, so why not get an Anna Sui's).


A free Anna Sui tote bag with the purchase of the new Anna Sui Moisture Rich Powder Foundation in B-02 with its rose casing. . Actually, we had a choice of a sequinned pouch or some other smaller cosmetic pouches, but I have been wanting to get the Anna Sui tote bag for a while now. Really glad for this offer! :D




And the generous GWPs.
The sweet SA also topped up a couple other samples for me(not in the photo).




For now....something for you to 'cuci mata', some eye candies.....BLOGGING WILL CONTINUE after dinner. I am rushing out to the Ramadhan bazaar to buy yummy ayam percik for my dinner...haha, and the yummy sweets and cakes....oh my weight!! There was no ayam percik at the bazaar which I went to last night. Today (26 August 2009), I am going to another bigger bazaar...hehehe...

18 comments:

ms.iu said...

wowww great haul Vonvon!!....Kiehl's Over-Night Biological Peel ....i'm looking fwrd to ths.. how much did you bought ya?(if u still remember)=D

Candygal's Precious Box!! said...

arrgghhh, von ar... so many things... i want anna sui & kiehl's!!! hahaha...

I will go Kiehl's before the promo ends!! Must make up a list to buy first.. if not later kelang kabut la...

FatiN said...

Retail therapy well done Von..

Luv the anna sui stuff.. :)

Anonymous said...

what a great session you had. i am jealous!
Kiehl's again! 2 of them! ooo... how much is CDC? you bought the normal one did you?

abby

Vonvon said...

Hi ms.iu,

The Over-night Biological Peel costs RM199. I topped it up with a travel-sized CDC for RM35. So I got RM20 off. Total I pay RM214(ori MR234). They wouldn't even give me RM20 off even though it's their pricing of RM199 for the peel. I mean it's only RM1 difference.

But it's OK, I don't mind getting the CDC now that I've tried it. The last time I tried the CDC was in the sample sachet...somehow it's different from the bottle. Review coming up....

Vonvon said...

Hi Candy,

Yea, you should write down your shopping list. Every time I go into Kiehl's, I am just so overwhelmed that I become blur...so many things I want to buy... Should prioritize our shopping list ;)

Vonvon said...

Thanks Fatin! :)

Vonvon said...

Hi abby,

Yea, bought only 2 items....but it's quite enough, I think...

They had only travel-sized CDC in original. It cost RM35. Just to top up to qualify for the special offer. Had wanted to get the RM28 tote at first, but on 2nd thought, I have so many bags from those GWPs already...so why not give their CDC another try...:)

Anonymous said...

Oh. Travel size as in those they put in the sets. I see. But it is still a nice haul! Wow do share about the Overnight Peel. I overheard you just have to use very little?? That's going to last awhile. I thought you preferred the CDC light. No worries. Looking forward to reading about the difference from bottle and sachet.

abby

Vonvon said...

Hi abby,

Yes, those travel-sized in gift sets. Like I said, bought the CDC just to top up and qualify for more discounts. ;)

Marce said...

Weird, the Starflash shadows you got are the ones that I want to check out as soon as they get to Argentina. What do you think of them? I hope the prices don't increase here too, it costs so much already! :(
I'm so jealous of your haul; the Anna Sui stuff looks gorgeous, Kiehl's, delicious, and MAC...well, gotta love MAC.

Vonvon said...

Hi Marce,

Weird, indeed. Serendipity, I might say? :)

These 3 have great textures, the colors are easy to be swiped off the pan with good color pay-off even without an eye base. They are quite pigmented as well. I am very happy with Smoke & Diamonds as it is a versatile color (now that I have gotten it. It wasn't on my to-buy list initially). Rated "R" is quite a new and unusual color for me, so I need some time to figure out what and how to do with it. But I think it would make a nice color for Spring and may be even early Summer IMO. One-off is a pretty emerald green. Think would be nice with some blue or might even go with Rated "R". Guess just need to play with the colors a bit. Will definitely do lots of EOTDs with these.

My MA recommended them to be used with brush but for me with fingers are fine, unlike my Vibrant Grape from Style Warrior, which hardened after a few usage from the oils on our fingers. I had to scrap off the top layer to get back the purple color.

I hope MAC doesn't increase their prices in Argentina too. We are really suffering from price hikes of many cosmetic brands in Malaysia lately. :(

Awww.....Marce, can't agree more with you on the Anna Sui's and MAC, oh MAC...

Nice to meet you, virtually....:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Von! Are those Anna Sui brushes all made in China or Japan? Face brush, comb..etc?

Vonvon said...

Hi Anon,

The Anna Sui brush which I have is the Face brush and it's made in Japan. The Hair Brush P also made in Japan, and all the Anna Sui's which I have....I randomly checked a few items, and they are made in Japan. Hope that answers your question. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Von! Thanks for taking your time to help me clear my doubts :) Great blog you have got! Gambatei! ;)

Vonvon said...

Hi Anon,

You are most welcome. Thank you for your support and encouragement. :)

Anonymous said...

Vonvon dearie...

How is the Kiehl's Overnight biological peel? i tried the samples n cant see any difference ohh...

hope u could review it soon... heee heee :p

hugz...N

Vonvon said...

Hi N,

Been using it for quite a while, but it's project-abandoned....after about 1 month.

Using different types of sleeping masks instead now.... :)