Friday, August 7, 2009

Some Hair Care From Kiehl's

I have tried out some samples of Kiehl's hair shampoos and conditioners recently and here's what Vonvon has to say..........



Rice & Wheat Volumizing Shampoo
For Flat, Thin, or Lifeless Hair

Product Description: This lightweight shampoo is infused with a blend of naturally-derived proteins and poly-sugar to revive and add body to thin and lifeless hair. Kiehl's chemists have utilized the latest in haircare science - a volumizing complex that coats hair to impart a healthy, thicker appearance and vitality - and combined it with the long relied upon benefits of Rice and Wheat Proteins to create fullness and body without stripping hair of its natural lipids. With Pure Honey and conditioning extratcs of Jojoba Seed and Rice Bran, our lightly foaming shampoo cleanses hair, leaving no weighty residue so it looks and feels healhtier with a fuller and thicker appearance.
Key Ingredients: Hydrolyzed Rice Protein. Wheat Protein. Rice Bran Oil. Poly-Sugars. Jojoba Seed Extracts. Pure Honey.

Directions: Apply to wet hair and masage uniformly over entire scalp. Rinse.

Suitable for normal to dry hair.

What Vonvon has to say?
This clear yellowish liquid has a sweet pleasant floral scent. It has good cleansing power but as it's lightly foaming, somehow I tend to pour out more just to have that extra foam (leading to some wastage here), as I like my shampoo to be foamy and makes it easier for me to clean my hair. If the foam is less, I tend to be 'tugging' at my hair and thus, leads to more hair fall. And this has been a problem for me after giving birth to my little girl. To decrease my hair fall, I have to use quite a large amount of shampoo and I think it's quite wasting. Nevertheless the scent itself is already a BIG plus!


Rice & Wheat Volumizing Conditioning Rinse

Product Description: Our lightweight conditioning rinse is infused with a blend of naturally derived proteins and Pure Honey to revive and add body to thin and lifeless hair. Kiehl's chemists have utilized the latest in haircare science - a volumizing complex that coats hair to impart a healthy, thicker appearance and vitality -
and combined it with the long relied upon benefits of Rice and Wheat Proteins to create fullness and body without stripping hair of its natural lipids. This rinse, with conditioning extracts of Jojoba Seed and Rice Bran, gently moisturizes hair without weighing it down so hair looks and feels healthier. The formulafurther helps to detangle hair and smooth split-ends and fly-aways. Hair appears fuller and thicker with a healthy shine and a silky softness.

Key Ingredients:
Hydrolyzed Rice Protein. Wheat Protein. Rice Bran Oil. Poly-Sugars. Jojoba Seed Extracts. Pure Honey.

Directions: After shampooing, apply conditoning rinse and massage through hair. Rinse.

What Vonvon has to say?
Usually, I notice that the scent in different products of the same range tend to vary but this conditioning rinse has exactly the same scent as that of the shampoo - sweet floral scent. But it's white in color and has a rather 'creamy' texture(but not thick), like other hair conditioners. After rinsing off, I notice my hair has less tangles - tested by running my fingers through my wet hair. Sometimes, with certain types of hair conditioner, my hair still clumps together. It leaves my hair lightly scented and soft. However, after my hair dries, and I always let my hair dries by itself, no blow-drying, I felt there's some static(electricity) when I comb my hair with a hair brush. I find this weird as normally I would experience such static only when I am not using any form of hair conditioner. And I didn't have any problem with other types of hair conditioner. Overall, this volumizing shampoo and conditioning rinse do add some volume to my hair making it less flat and leave my hair with a light heavenly scent. They also make my hair feel soft except for the annoying static when I comb my hair after it is dry.



I have also tried out the Amino Acid Shampoo with Pure Coconut Oil for all hair types and its NEW Amino Acid Conditioner. But I will leave it for you to find out more about them at the Kieh's Party tomorrow. As for those who are not attending the party, please be patient, I will review them soon.

Right now (10:54PM), I will pen off to get ready for another busy Saturday tomorrow............

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi vonvon,

anon here again. the one from hotmail?

well, since you're at this topic, i just wanna share with you that I have been using their shampoos and conditioners for a while now, for both me and my son. Hubby no budget already, gotta use some drug store brand, hehe..

I've tried their Sports Shampoo (for every day use), Olive Fruit Oil SHampoo, Conditioner & Repair Pak, Amino Acid SHampoo & currently am using their Herbal shampoo. I have to say that my least favourite (in fact I totally dislike it, it's so drying even though it says on the label for Normal to DRY hair) is the Herbal Shampoo. I am forcing myself to finish it since I bought the big bottle. It makes my hair so dry, brittle and COARSE. Even after combining with the Olive Oil Repair Pak (which is a hair treatment). The best combination I find is still the Olive Oil Shampoo with the Repair Pak. I was so dissappointed with the Sales Assistant's recommendation for me to buy the Herbal Shampoo.

Sorry for the long post, but the moral of the story is, if u find something that works good, don't be tempted by the SA's recommendations to try something else.

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow. You have moved on to their hair care now. Very into this brand aren't ya. Haha...you're turning into me!

See you soon!

abby

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing. And no worries about the long post, I love to read comments from my readers, regardless of how long and short they are. :)

I haven't tried out the hair products that you have mentioned but I shall be trying out the samples I have soon. Thanks for pointing out the products that work for you.

Vonvon said...

Hi abby,

It was nice meeting you again yesterday. Hope you had a great time. Waiting for your review on the Pear Tree Corner scrub...but no hurry, take your time. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

So far I have been sniffing at it every now and then. Have not touched the seal yet though! Review? You first! Haha...

abby

Mia said...

hi!

Hello everyone! I am 23 and I always had this problem of hair fall. All my freinds used to have really healthy hair but I was always deprived of this beauty. Then I use some herbal hair care products and herbal products seriously doing wonders. Give it a try this web page really helps you a lot.

Vonvon said...

Hi Mia,

Thanks for sharing. I understand how you feel about hair loss. I also have this problem, esp after giving birth to my little girl.