Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Most Recent Retail Therapies...

I have not been writing too often lately. Some of my dear readers are rather concerned and have emailed me to inquire how I am doing. Thank you all for your concern and support. I am OK, but just been absolutely busy and caught up with too many stuffs which are just too long to detail them one-by-one here.

Anyways, you must be wondering that despite my lack of new posts lately, have I been giving myself the retail therapies which I so rightfully deserved? ;-)

OK, I did some shopping for the past month....but perhaps, in a more controlled manner.

So, let's take a look at the 'treatments'...........

From MAC Style Black Collection......
Well, I had wanted to buy more, but by the time I got myself to my fav MAC store, only the Mineralize eyeshadow, Gilt By Association, was left. It was one of the 3 Mineralize eyeshadows from this collection I has planned to get initially. The other 2 were Young Punk and Blue Flame. :( Let's just hope that at some point in future, MAC would repromote them in their future collections.



MAC Style Black Mineralize Eyeshadow
GILT BY ASSOCIATION (RM75 for 2.2gram)
(with flash)

(without flash)



I have been paying more attention to Korean beauty brands lately, thanks to my friend's ravings on certain brands and their products. And since Etude House has a sale of up to 50% off on selected products, I took the opportunity to buy the eyeshadow stick and liner duo after playing with my friend's. And found that the color pay-off was quite good and the shadow/liner glides on really smoothly on my lids. And I also got myself a duo fiber face brush, my 1st ever.



I bought all 3 shadow stick/liner duos they have.
They were on 50% discount. Original price: RM39.90 each.
And I bought one of their latest masks, Pearl Mask, just to top up to a little over RM60 to get myself 2 stickers.




Since I haven't owned any duo fiber brush before, and I happened to see one for a reasonable price at Etude House, so I just bought 1 to try.

P.S. I didn't write down the prices for some products mentioned here because I can't recall the prices and I couldn't find the receipts of my purchases right at this moment of writing. I think it's better for me not to write down the prices which I am not sure of, than to mislead my readers with the wrong pricing of the products.



Last, but not least, I saw Janice, of Seek For Beauty, have an eyeshadow palette with 120 colors. So I asked her help to buy that palette for me which costs RM70!



Wow!! 120 colors!!!
Factor that and how many EOTDs can be made out of this palette?
INFINITE!!!


4 comments:

Corinne said...

Other than the fab colour payoff from the MAC Style Black mineralize eyeshadows, the proable reason for these eyeshadows selling out like hot cakes at every MAC counter/shop is because they are RM5 cheaper than other MAC mineralize eyeshadows currently.

The Manly eyeshadow palette is similar to Bobbi Brown's some months back except this one has many more colours. Look forward to a review of this palette. Where is this palette made?

Vonvon said...

Hi Corinne,

Yea, I agree that the MAC Style Black Mineralize shadows are pretty good deal, and quite a big pan. Would surely take me a while to use it up.

Similar to BB's but cheaper as well. It's made in China though.

Sherry said...

wow.. so pretty colours!

Vonvon said...

Hi Sherry,

The Manly palette?? Yep....it's the huge variety of colors which caught me! :)