Sunday, October 18, 2009

Review: L'oreal Revitalift Face, Contours & Neck - By The Intrepid Beauty

The Intrepid Beauty will review L'oreal's latest Revitalift Face, Contours & Neck this week and compare it to 2 other types of neck cream in the market she had used before.

*************************************


Prior to purchasing this product, I'd used 2 other skincare products specifically for the neck, namely Shiseido's Benefiance Concentrated Neck Contour Treatment and Clarins' Advanced Extra-Firming Neck Cream. It was timely when L'oreal had the buy 1 product, get the 2nd one (similar product) at 50% off promotion at several major pharmacies a few weeks ago otherwise it'd have cost me RM79.88 for the 50ml bottle. I didn't notice any difference in the depth of lines on my neck after using the Shiseido & Clarins neck creams so I decided that I'd had enough of spending a bomb on another similar product and tried a L'oreal skincare product for the first time.

My first impression was that I liked the packaging as the bottle is so much more travel-friendly than the bulky tube of Shiseido Neck Contour Treatment and as for the Clarins Neck Cream, the bottle was so heavy that if you threw it at someone, you'd cause grievous bodily harm (see pix below). The Revitalift container is so lightweight and nicely shaped that you can throw it into any cosmetics bag and it won't take up much space. Of course the fact that the product is dispensed via a pump is an added plus for me as I do dislike opening up a jar and scooping out the product with my hands. The good thing is that there is even a lock mechanism on the bottle so that there are no accidents should you be carrying it in your cosmetics bag.



I use about 1-1 1/2 pumps of the product and massage in an upwards motion from the decolletage up to the chin. I spread any extra product on the lines around my mouth. I find that it absorbs very quickly and the less severe lines around the collarbone are softened. It's too early days to confirm that it's done anything to improve the severity of the deeper lines around the neck but so far so good on the little creases. I've only been using this product twice daily for the past 3 weeks and I don't expect miracles like for the more severe lines to disappear after I finish using this product but if that really happens, you can be sure I'll be back here to let you know!

According to the product brochure, the skin benefits are as follows:-

Deep firming and recontouring action on face, contours and neck.

With Vitafibrine to fight against skin's elastin fibers network distortion.


Formulated with 2x more Elastin (than the Revitalift Day Cream) for increased skin elasticity and firmness.


Contains Pro-Retinol A Forte to stimulate cell renewal.






My one and only grouse is that I am not too fond of the scent, I found it overpowering when I first started using the product and although I have since become accustomed to it, I still wouldn't say that I like it. I'm not averse to scents in any products, in fact I prefer scent to no scent at all since certain scents can be quite relaxing but opinions may differ and you may find the Revitalift scent to be up your alley.

If I find that it's effective in reducing the depth of the deeper wrinkles around my neck after I finish the bottle, I'd repurchase, scent notwithstanding. Do give this product a go if you (like yours truly) are concerned about a neck that has seen better days!


The Intrepid Beauty

5 comments:

Choky said...

hi vonvon,

i just purchased the L'oreal Revitalift Face, Contours & Neck yesterday. you are right about the scent but if this works i will withstand the smell for a smoother neck :D

Vonvon said...

Hi Choky,

Just to clarify, this post was by my guest writer.

But wish you good luck with the cream. :)

Pigita said...

hi,

I hope the Intrepid Beauty will update this review when she has finished the whole bottle. Would be most interested in knowing the outcome.

The neck area is often neglected in favour of the face and sadly it is one of the areas that will show one's age easily.

Anonymous said...

hi,
just wondering, any updats on this product if it does reduce fine lines on the neck?

tks,
lemon ;-)

Vonvon said...

Hi Lemon,

I have used the same product as well. And I didn't see any change after finishing the bottle.