Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Giorgio Armani Mini-makeover, Purchase & Freebies

** This is my blog's 300th published post! Yes, another milestone to my humble little blog as it turns 1! :D

Last weekend, I was on the verge of a burn-out from my little girl's antics and housework, and whole load of craps. But one of my beauty buddies happened to be in town and together with another beauty buddy of ours, we went 'gallivanting' at the Isetan KLCC Beauty Hall (since it was still the Isetan Members' Special).

I have heard that Giorgio Armani Cosmetics is pulling out of Malaysia some time in March. :( Sad to hear another beauty brand leaving. Even sadder that they are not having any sale before pulling out. :( ;P

Anyways, since I have read quite a bit on Giorgio Armani Cosmetics, we decided to check out the Giorgio Armani counter at Isetan KLCC. Boy, was I glad we did, as we were served by the friendly Counter Manager who had excellent customer service. It's been a while since I received any top-notch customer service from any beauty counter. To be fair, most of the time, the service I received can be categorized as above-average, while some blatantly, below-average, but top-notch customer service, rarely!

To cut a long story short, the Counter Manager introduced some GA products to us, mostly their base makeup. All 3 of us agreed that the eyeshadows were OK, yea, just OK. What I like about her was she never appeared to be pushy, and very patiently answered our questions in a friendly manner and even offered to test out the foundation on me.

By this time, I felt more relaxed.....my little girl was being watched by my aunt and I can have some peace to try out products.

At first, she tried the foundation on one half of my face to let me compare the difference. (Forgot to take a photo....tsk). Then she used the GA Micro-fil(TM) Loose Powder in 0 to set the foundation. The loose powder in 0 is white color (horror!!) but she assured me that it won't make me look like I have been baking all my life in the kitchen! ;) She went on to explain that white-colored loose powder when used correctly would brighten up the face with a glowing radiance, while nude/beige-colored loose powder would give a more natural finish. Let me share a little secret.....I have never used white-colored face powder before, except for baby powder when I was little. ;D

Of course, I like the end result very much. My complexion looked radiant and glowing. She did a light neutral eye makeup for me, some blush, and lippie....VOILA!


Face Of The Day


Eye Of The Day
Neutral eye look


Sheer Blush #2
The blush imparts a subtle pink glow, more like a flush on my cheeks.


Face & Eye Of The Day
Products used:
Base: UV Master Primer SPF40

Complexion: Designer Modelling Compact Foundation SPF 22 #4
Micro-fil(TM) Loose Powder 0

Blush: Sheer Blush #2

Eyes: Maestro 5 palette
Eye pencil #12
Maestro mascara #1

Lips: Sheer lipstick #33
Lip Shimmer #50

**************************************************************

After the simple yet pretty makeover, my mood improved, and I felt more relaxed despite being very tired. If I wouldn't have ranted earlier, and with just a glance at my FOTD, would you have thought that I am an overworked and stressed-out SAHM? ;) The photos above are not photoshopped. :D

I was really impressed by the radiant finish imparted by the loose powder. So, there's no need to guess....yes, I bought it! RM160 for 15gram. And got some freebies as well.


Retail therapy from Giorgio Armani!


Click to enlarge
Giorgio Armani Micro-fil(TM) Loose Powder in 0
(RM160 for 15gram)


FREEBIES!!


Foundation samples


Fluid Sheer #7 sample


Of course, needless to say, I went home that evening, happy and contented, with a makeover and also a little retail therapy!

Makeup (especially designer makeup) and shopping are definitely an overworked and stressed-out Yummy Mummy's best friends! :D

14 comments:

Sherry said...

lovely, like the natural makeup :)

Cas said...

That's a real nice look Von. Your skin is flawless!

Zoe said...

300th post? waseh~~~ Cool~~ Congra^^

Giorgio Armani gonna pulling out of Malaysia??? Huh...But why? sad for it ><

I tried their product b4, it's REALLY GREAT~~~

gio said...

I love the makeup, it's very natural and pretty! You look great!

akiki said...

i love this look!!!!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Sherry! :)

Vonvon said...

Hi Cas,

Thank you for the compliments. The 'white' powder really did help a lot to give the radiance.

Vonvon said...

Hi Zoe,

Yep, 300th....seems like a very long journey.

GA is pulling out. Not too sure of the reason, though.

Vonvon said...

Hi gio,

Thank you. It's back to basics. ;) The kind of look I used to do in the earlier days. But I really like this simple clean look...the naturalness.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Akiki!

Anonymous said...

hi..i really hope som1 will do this post..i really wanna try thier make up but don't no where is their boutique..thanx for the review..can u pls tell me their price range..

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

You are welcome. There is a GA counter in Isetan KLCC, and another in Parkson Pavilion. These are the 2 counters which I know of. If anyone knows any other GA counter, please share with us. :)

The price ranges from RM88 for a lipstick/eyeshadow to RM120-ish for blush, powder RM160, foundations about RM160-ish. Sorry couldn't really remember the exact prices. But their limited edition palettes are more expensive....almost RM300-ish...

Hope that helps! :)

Mandy said...

OMG! GA had already pulled out of Malaysia?

Vonvon said...

Hi Mandy, thank you for dropping by and the comment. Yes, all their counters in Malaysia are already closed by April if I am not mistaken.