Friday, January 29, 2010

Swatches & Overview: Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Spring 2010

Here are the swatches from the Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Spring 2010 collection.

P.s. Photos 1st, description and overview later. STUPID USELESS Streamyx bad connection again!

Update: January 31, 2010

Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection Spring 2010
This collection has 3 parts - Bel-Air Beige which is on the more neutral earthy side with a coral blush; Rodeo Pink, well, is more on the pink side; and Hollywood Gold (a lip gloss, lipstick and shimmer powder) which can complement both Bel-Air Beige and Rodeo Pink.


Bel-Air Beige



Blonde Mink Eyeshadow Duo(RM100) has a smooth texture, swatched easily but the color pay-off as you can see from the swatches, is quite moderate. I swiped a few times and that's the amount of color I got. I think it would look good for soft neutral look for day and work makeup. My friends who had tried it really liked the soft neutral look it achieved. As for me, I went for the Night Star Eyeshadow Duo. (Read below)

Both the blushes in this collection are very beautiful, pigmented and be warned, use a light hand and pick up the color by gently tapping your brush onto the blush! When I was trying out the blushes, I swiped the brush across it and oppsss....a lot of colors landed on my cheeks.;) Well, previously with other Estee Lauder blushes, it took me a lot of effort and many swipes to get the color to show up on my cheeks.
So, I am really happy with the blushes from this collection.


The lip glosses and lipsticks (called Lip Sheen in this collection, and with SPF 15) are mostly very sheer and light-colored. And they have the same names for both the glosses and lipsticks. The Lip Sheen texture is smooth and quite moisturizing, and the lip glosses glide on smoothly on the lips, and don't give the sticky feel.



Rodeo Pink

This part of the collection caught my eyes more than Bel-Air Beige, as it has 'more' colors' though I should say more pink! ;)


The black and white eyeshadows are very pigmented and can be used with other colors of eyeshadows as well. This is a very versatile eyeshadow duo. I did an EOTD with this. Will post it up soon.
When the white and the black are blended together, it gives a bluish grey hue and great for smoky eye look.


Needless to say, you can guess the Bungalow Pinks are my favs!


Look at how pigmented the Sunset Pink blush is.



Hollywood Gold


Very Hollywood lippies are almost nude golden color. The Very Hollywood lip gloss has some tiny flecks of glitter in it, but when applied to the lips, it gives a clear glossy look and the tiny flecks don't stick to your lips!


4 comments:

Sherry said...

coral blush so pretty

Shan said...

This is a very nice set!

Vonvon said...

Hi Sherry,

Yes, actually both the blushes are very pretty and pigmented.

Vonvon said...

Hi Shan,

The whole collection is very elegant. And the box packaging of all the products in this collection is in peachy-orange color.