Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Which Is My Truest Match Of All?

This is Part II of the L'oreal Paris True Match(TM) Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation with Hyaluronic Acid review whereby I will share with you some tips on how to determine your True Match. You can read my review on the product here.

Have you all seen this cute little bookmark(below)? I got mine which came with the January 2010 issue of Female magazine. And I am sure you still remember the photos of my little girl trying to find her True Match with it......;)



OK, I believe many of you have already known or at least have an idea of how to test a new foundation and finding the right shade for you. Anyways, just to summarize the whole process....swatch the foundation on your jawline and if you see the shade 'disappearing' (aka: blend into your skin), then it's the right shade for you. Unfortunately I can't do any pictorial demo as I have been plagued with some break-out just on the spot where I am supposed to test those foundations. And these have been quite stubborn zits, and they are taking quite a long time to subside. :(

So, besides the normal classification of skin color into fair, medium or dark, there is also the skin undertone which determines whether you are cool, warm or neutral. Not only do you find the foundation which matches your skin color, but for a natural-looking finish, the foundation shade should also flatter your skin undertone.

Here's a rather simple but useful guide from L'oreal to determine your skin undertone. But of course, nothing beats dropping by any L'oreal Paris cosmetic counter which would have a Beauty Advisor to assist you in finding your True Match!









And now, Vonvon needs a little help from her dear readers to help determine her True Match, as it seems that she is between Warm(G) and Cool(R), but using Neutral(N) is a bit too fair for her!

Some of my wonderful readers have helped my little girl determine her skin undertone, now it's time to help me........




Silver or gold for me?

(P.s. The 3 photos above were taken bare-faced, with nothing, not even skincare on.)



And the different shades of the foundation and after applying on my face:


R2 (Cool/Pink)




G1 (Warm/Gold/Yellow)




N1 (Neutral/Nude)


P.s. Photos are taken on different days, all under natural daylight, but the variation in the brightness is due to my own handling of the camera and also depending on the weather condition outside (cloudy days, less daylight).


So, ladies, I'd like to hear from all of you...............


R2, G1 or N1?

Which is my Truest Match of all?




Disclaimer: Products are provided by L'Oreal for review purpose.

12 comments:

Yuni Chozin said...

either R2 or G1 but i like G1 best..

Vonvon said...

Hi Yuni,

Thanks for thoughts. :) At first, I thought Silver flatters me more, hence tried R2 first.

Agnes Sim said...

R2 is natural but G1 is the best concealor. :p

Corinne said...

It's hard to tell which one is yr true match as all 3 appear to flatter you well. I think all 3 shades look equally natural on yr skin tone & probably suit those with fair skin. However, if I were to choose, I'd have to
say N1 is best on you as yr skin looks bright. Guess you can carry off both silver & gold.

I have G1 which is a nice shade, I like the texture as it blends well & makes skin smooth.

Shilka said...

I can't help to notice how it makes the pores on your face visible :( Maybe you should opt for a better quality product or use with base...

Vonvon said...

Hi Agnes,

Thank you. Was also thinking between the 2 shades.

Vonvon said...

Hi Corinne,

Thanks. N1 does look bright, but don't you think it's a bit too 'white'? Wouldn't want to end up looking too pale. ;)

Vonvon said...

Hi Shilka,

Thank you for your comment. It doesn't provide full/complete coverage, but just enough to 'hide' my pores. Will try it with a base next time.

Thank you for the suggestion. :)

gio said...

All three look really nice on you. I think you can carry off both silver and gold well.

YJia said...

I think may be either R2 or G1 ?
In first impression I think R2 is the best ,
but then after tengok tengok again then I think G1 macam boleh tahan also ^^ haha...

Vonvon said...

Hi gio,

Thanks. And I am still deciding today which is my truest match, though I have been using N1 a lot.

Vonvon said...

Hi YJia,

All 3 kind of match my skintone. But I do agree with you R2 looked great, but G1 too. It's hard to make comparison........