Huh! What a long name for the NEW L'Oreal sunscreen in the market.
I have been trying out this new sunscreen for the past weeks since I received it and now, it's quite high time for a review. What more with the weather getting hotter as Chinese New Year is nearer. As you know and for the information of those living outside Malaysia, Chinese(Lunar) New Year period in Malaysia is usually very hot, and people are out a lot traveling to their hometown, visiting friends and relatives, or just simply enjoying their holiday. And this year, it coincides with Valentine's Day too. What a double celebration!
Whether you will be staying home, doing CNY visiting or off to somewhere for a holiday, let's face it, all of us need sunscreen to protect our skin from the harmful rays of the blazing sun!
OK, some facts to let you know why L'Oreal's new sunscreen is well sought after.......
- *It is specially formulated to suit Asian skin.
- *It gives Long Lasting protection for up to hours.
- *It not only helps to prevent sunburn caused by UVB but also filters UVA which is the main cause of premature aging - spots and fine lines to form.
- *It has the patented double-sunscreen system of Mexoryl(TM) SX (terephthalylidene dicamphor sulfonic acid) and Mexoryl(TM) XL (Drometrizole trisiloxane) exclusive to L'oreal which provides optimal UVB shield and UVA protection. More info on Mexoryl(TM) SX here. The sunscreens are photo-stable (meaning it won't lose its effectiveness when exposed to light), and combining the has complementary and synergistic(augmenting the effects of each other) sun protection effect! (Both Mexoryl(TM) SX and Mexoryl(TM) XL are purportedly to be the best and most effective sunscreen agents to date.)
- *This sunscreen also contains an Anti-Oxidant Complex with Active-Cell(TM) which protects our skin cells and their elastin and collagen fibers from free radical damage. The Anti-Oxidant Complex fights against free radicals while the Active-Cell(TM) strengthens the skin's natural defense mechanism against external aggression due to its proven action on the skin's natural repair system.
*Ref: Press release from L'oreal Paris, but has been summarized by Vonvon herself in her own words.
In Malaysia, this sunscreen is available in variations for different skin needs. On the product box, it said shades and a quick Googling found that the rd shade is White but not available here.
So the types we have here is Even Complexion(Apricot) which helps to even out skin tone and cover patches with a light natural-looking tint; and Anti-Dullness(Purple) - the one I am currently testing out, which helps to boost radiance on dull skin for a more translucent complexion.
This sunscreen not only offers sun protection when used at the end of your skincare routine, it can also double up as a moisturizing makeup base. Yay to a multi-tasking product! :D
To be honest, I wasn't really a sunscreen person. I mean, I use products with SPF (my moisturizer and foundation both contain at least SPF to SPF ). Sunblock was only for outdoor outings and beach holidays. But not additional sunscreen till I was told after a computer diagnostic skin analysis test some time last year that I had increased pigmentation in my skin even though there was no visible pigmentation/spots/freckles on my face then. Since that time, I started using a sunblock on top of my usual skincare routine, and before applying my makeup.
Anyways, back to this UV Perfect.....
It has a light fluid texture which applies easily on the skin. Although it's non-greasy, it does leave my skin a bit sticky after application. Thus, I have to wait a few minutes for it to absorb before applying my foundation (either fluid or powder). But the good thing is it doesn't streak after applying (unlike another sunscreen which I have tried). It has a faint lilac tint to it (usually, purple tone face base is used to cover up dullness and sallow skin), which upon application on the skin, gives my complexion a hint of glow and radiance, but almost no coverage (if you are looking for that).
It is quite moisturizing as after it absorbs a few minutes later, my skin feels hydrated and glowing. And throughout the day, with or without foundation, my skin doesn't feel dry. Also, I did notice that my T-zone seems to be less oily - a plus point here!
On days when I don't feel like putting on a lot of makeup, I would apply this and top up with some powder, blush, and lipgloss, and I am good to go. My skin still look pretty good even without the coverage of a foundation (see pix below).
Of course, as a makeup base, once it has absorbed, my foundation applies smoothly on top of it. And since I noticed my T-zone tend to be less oily, hence my foundation lasts much longer. At the end of the day, my skin also feels less dry (especially on the cheek areas).
So after using for about weeks, I don't have any problem with break-out or irritation and my skin definitely feels more hydrated and radiant every day when I use it.
This sunscreen will be here to stay as part of my skincare/makeup routine. And at the price of
Disclaimer: Product was provided by L'Oreal Paris for review purpose only. Please note that the recommended retail price for this product is actually RM35.90, and not RM33.90 as written earlier. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.