Monday, March 29, 2010

EOTD/FOTD: Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette #804 Plus Capture Totale Skincare & Foundation

Having a lazy but chaotic Monday from my little girl's waking up tantrum this morning. And my ever-increasing in frequency mid-day energy slump does not help much either.

Anyways, that aside, I am still very excited because I want to share with you my simple makeover by Dior I had last Saturday with the gorgeous 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette #804 (pic below) consisting of none other than my fav purple and pink shades!



It was actually a Dior consultation event for the NEW Diorsnow D-NA Reverse Night Serum at their counter in Robinsons. And after that, my eyes just got hooked to the palette, was swatching it when the nice SA there offered to let me try it out.

What was supposed to be a simple trying out of the palette, the sweet SA decided to put on some skincare and foundation for me as well. She said what's the point of having nice eyes, but the face was not prepped up. Well, 'cos I was at another skincare workshop earlier in the morning, hence, my face was pretty bare.

In a way, it's a good thing as I got to try out the Capture Totale skincare range again, including the makeup base and the serum foundation! I am awed by the instant lifting effect after the skincare and foundation application. Need to save up for my new Dior skincare regime already.............

You can see in the before and after photos below.

Before
Go ahead, go nit-picking on my bare face....lines, pores, blotchiness, chubbiness....what else, craters (got meh?) ;P



After the makeover
Noticed the more sculpted jawline, brighter and more luminous complexion....an overall more defined and sharper look.


Eye Of The Day
This is just a quick guide to the EOTD based on what the SA had explained to me. I didn't do this look hands-on.

- Apply Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen on my lids as a base, and the SA even applied to the areas on my face that needed to be highlighted.
- Apply the Bright Pink shade from #804 palette(top left shade) to the lids from inner corner to midway.
- Apply the one and only Purple shade in the palette from the outer corner inward to meet the pink, and blend it. But since I couldn't see much contrast as the purple was 'overshadowed' by the brightness of the Pink shade, the SA suggested to add a darker shade of eyeshadow on top of the purple. She used the black eyeshadow from 2-Couleurs Eyeshadows #065 to darken the Purple shade.
- For highlight, she used the Light Pink shade,the one in the middle of the palette.
- Then she did my brows, and lined my eyes with a pencil liner at first, and added a liquid liner on top of it.
- Dior Extase Mascara (smudge-proof) to the upper and lower lashes. DONE!




Err....but I couldn't recall which blush did she use......it's a coral shade one.
And on my lips, is Serum de Rouge #640 Soft Pink Serum.
The shade of the Capture Totale Serum Foundation used on me is #023.


Face Of The Day





*All the photos above were taken indoors under the beauty hall lighting.


More photos taken under natural daylight.........

Eye Of The Day


Face Of The Day






Some words on the #804 palette........based on my 1st impression only, yea?

All the 5 shades in this palette are quite pigmented but it has a small amount of fall-out, not too much. You can mix and match the colors any way you want, but the SA recommended to use the shades in diagonal way of combination, ie: Bright Pink, Purple and Light Pink, and Dark Grey, Light Grey and Light Pink. The Light Pink shade in the middle is the highlighter shade. My favorites are, of course, the Bright Pink and the Purple. The Bright Pink swatches, well, a bright pink on my hand, but on my lids, the pink looked slightly lighter. Overall, the color pay-off is good, but the colors are on the sheerer side with some shimmer. The palette retails for RM193.



Ladies' Night Out.......
And on that same evening, I got a call from a friend of mine, who asked me out to dinner with her and to meet her other friends. Hesitated at first, cos I always have dinner with my little girl and family these days, but then, what the.....I was already nicely made up, my girl happily playing at her grannies', so I went out and had dinner with other tai-tai's lor.....:D

10 comments:

Sherry said...

oh I like the hairstyle.. .:D hehe..

Lavender said...

Simple yet stunning!

Vonvon said...

Thanks Sherry. That's the usual way my hair is, but on a good hair day, it has the correct waves at the right places and angles. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Lavender! :) That's always the style I prefer, simple, yet elegant.

norahs said...

I like this simple makeup...Vonvon, u looks more radiant and stunning after this simple makeup! Must be the effects of the skincare and the makeup! Great!

Vonvon said...

Hi Norahs,

Thank you. I believe the Capture Totale skincare and its serum foundation plays a great role in imparting the radiance, not to mention the SA also has quite good makeup skills, and she is very young only.

Sherry said...

heh.. I think talent starts from young :D

gio said...

wow, you look gorgeous! I love the makeup, simple but pretty and defined. Your skin looks flawless and radiant.

Vonvon said...

Sherry, I agree. That girl really has got potential. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! I strongly advocate a good base for makeup now. Before, I used a base, but didn't really stick to one. I used whatever base I felt like using, be it tinted moisturiser, or sunblock/makeup base, etc. How 'undisciplined'! ;)

Of course, a good skincare regime which works effectively also plays an important for great-looking skin. :)