Friday, March 26, 2010

Review: Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum......INDEED!

What I am going to share with you today, I believe, or rather I couldn't believe, is such an effective product that it actually got rid of some lines on my face that I have already given up on. Well, yes, I may not be of that age to need anti-aging products yet, but hey, prevention is better than cure, right? And yes, I am a 'frowner' ;) or perhaps a 'thinker', constantly thinking and deep in thoughts, hence, I have quite prominent vertical wrinkles on my forehead, between my eyebrows. Not only were they visible (note: were!) but they were quite deep set lines. If you looked at the photos of my previous EOTDs, you may notice the lines between my eyebrows. I made no attempt to hide them, though sometimes, they weren't quite visible in some photos.

Anyways, before Vonvon shows you some sort of 'miracle', let's take a look at the product behind the 'miracle'!

OK, just very quick info...... (Product Description, summarised by me from a whole booklet of info)





Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum is the 1st fundamental anti-aging treatment by Dior. It helps our skin to detox, by eliminating billions of molecular toxins which accumulate in the different layers of our skin as a result of external and internal aggressors, such as pollutants from the environment; stress, unbalanced diet, unhealthy lifestyle, one of which, I am always guilty of - sleeping late!

Then, there is our organism's own natural proteolytic system, the Proteasome, which helps in ridding off those cellular toxins (by elimination and recycling of toxins into new healthy proteins), but with time as our age catches up, its activity slows down. This leads to doubling of the amount of toxins accumulated as we age. The more toxins there are, the slower cellular repair process will be.

And how does the Super Serum work?
Dior utilizes their star ingredient, which forms the basis for the CAPTURE TOTALE technology, the extract from Longoza plant (from Madagascar). The patented Perle de Longoza(TM), is enriched with a natural extract of Laminaria algae, Detoxynile(TM), which is capable of activating the Proteasome (which declines in its activity as we age). By activating the Proteasome, the cellular detoxification process is increased, thus more toxins are either eliminated or being converted into new healthy proteins. With less accumulation of cellular toxins, the process of cell rejuvenation and cell repair is enhanced.

Are you still with me, my dear readers? Because I am beginning to feel lost in the sea of my own words......


So, what about the product itself?

Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum is housed in a deep red bottle which signifies the red of power, excellence and passion that presided over the creation of ONE ESSENTIAL. A touch of silver metal on the bottle underlines the technological dimension, while the pump allows for precise and practical dosing each day.

The serum itself is a white lightweight essence with a fresh scent. My little girl describes the scent as "so fresh and green", and she likes to sniff the serum whenever I pumped it onto my palm.

I use 3 pumps each for day and night after my toner. Inhaling the scent deeply, I spread the serum on my fingers and apply it, first to my cheeks from the sides of my nose outward to my ear region (this according to the Dior skincare expert is to facilitate the lymphatic drainage), then on my forehead swiping outward from the midline, nose, and finally the neck in a downward motion from the chin to the decolletage. Anatomically, these are the ways our lymphatic drainage flow and it helps in elimination of toxins.

After applying the serum, my skin feels cool and soft to touch and appears brighter. Applied at night before bedtime, I wake up the next morning with a radiant complexion.

I am always grateful that till this day, my skin has not given me much problems, except for those dull skin days and occasional break-out. But as I have mentioned above, because of my habitual frowning, I ended up with quite deep, almost permanent vertical wrinkle between my eyebrows. And after using the serum for a few weeks - about 3 weeks (started using on Feb 1, 2010. So, I have been using the serum for more than 7 weeks, at time of writing), I began to notice that those vertical wrinkles were not so visible anymore. And when they do appear (as wrinkles), they quickly lose their depths - for example when I frown on purpose, the lines appear, but after I stop frowning, the lines seem to have disappeared, as compared to previously, where the lines would remain. Until today, I always try to feel for the deep set lines between my eyebrows, but it seems the deep set lines are not so deep anymore. And besides having brighter and more radiant complexion, my 'chubby' jawline seems to be lifted too (objectively, skin is tauter and 'more difficult to pinch')!

Let's see the before and after photo........

Please click on the photo to enlarge

Above (before): The 2 black arrows pointing to the deep set lines. And my skin was a bit dull and the skin texture was not so fine.
Below (after): Where are the lines??? And my complexion is more radiant, luminous and the skin texture appears to be more refined.

*Please note that both photos were taken without makeup on, not even sunscreen or makeup base. Just plain bare face of mine. NO photoshop because I don't know how to use it and don't even have that program in my netbook.

And more solid evidence came from a Dior skincare expert herself, whom I met during the Dior One Essential Workshop last Saturday (March 20, 2010). I spoke to her after the workshop, sharing my experience of using the One Essential Serum and she even 'scrutinized' my face closely and I pointed to my forehead and she just said she couldn't see any line at all!!


So are you convinced now that this indeed is a Super Serum which is really effective and does what it claims to do?

A 30ml bottle of this serum retails for RM360 at all Dior counters.

16 comments:

norahs said...

Yes, I always agree with "prevention is better than cure'". Now I am working on fading my acne scars and at the same time prevent wrinkles. This super serum does works on your fine lines. ;) how abt it's texture? Currently I am using the Clarins Shaping Facial Lift I got as a door gift from their workshop. It works on my face and I can see the instant lifting effect on my face. I would like to try out this Dior Super serum if I have chance to get sample from their counter. But the price is a bit pricey! :) I like to read your skincare review, very details & informative! :)

Vonvon said...

Hello norahs,

Thank you. Glad you like to read my reviews.

The texture of the serum is quite light and fluid in consistency, and I could feel a cooling velvety softness when I spread it on my face. And it absorbs into the skin after a few minutes, leaving my skin smooth to the touch.

2espresso said...

Wow, it looks like really works, your skin looks gorgeous!
I never believed products could make lines vanish like that but.. very cool!

Thanks for this review, xxxx

Vonvon said...

Hi 2espresso,

You are most welcome.

Thank you for your compliments. At first, I can't help but to touch my forehead so often and stare into the mirror to look for those lines. It's really incredible.

gio said...

Wow, the results are so noticeable and your skin is glowing! I'm glad to know this is working so well for you. I'm really tempted to try it myself now.

Vonvon said...

Hi gio,

Thank you. Do give it a try if you can. This is like Holy Grail to me now.

Sherry said...

wah.. nice :D hehe.. ppl always say this is expensive brand.. now this is value for money.

Paris B said...

IF I was going to pick a holy grail skincare item, this would be at the top of the list - its awesome :)

Vonvon said...

Hi Sherry,

It's really worth it, dear! Cos it really works!

Vonvon said...

Hi Paris B,

Agreed! I saw your before and after photo too. It's really wonderful, isn't it?

And the whole Capture Totale range is simply wonderful too. I can see immediate lifting effect. Slowly becoming a Capture Totale convert myself. :)

JEANETTE said...

I have been using it since April and my skin as never ever felt or looked so good. I no longer need to use stupid amounts of lotion on my what used to be dry fore head. My fine lines have disappeared and I constantly get comments on my skin. Loving it!!!! Although it is pricey I don't care, it is worth every penny. :)

Vonvon said...

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for dropping by and the comment. Glad this product works for you too, just like it did for so many women.

Adriana said...

Hi I was reading your review when i read "I am a 'frowner' ;) or perhaps a 'thinker'" which books do you recommend me and I have been wearing one essential without huge results I'm 23 that could be the problem , they recommend use it after you are 25 years old maybe I'm not doing the the routine fine I also wear Hydra Life with 15 spf but i feel its too creamy for me which moisturizer do you recommend me for oily t zone Thanks a lot :)

Vonvon said...

Hi Adriana,

Thank you for dropping by and the comment.

I don't really read much nowadays, but I like reading Dan Brown's in my free time, and some novels.

For your combination skin, perhaps, try a gel-type moisturizer which is usually for oily skin. But it is light in texture.

Anonymous said...

Hi! What moisturizer did you use after this serum?

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

It's been a while and I can't recall what moisturizer I was using at that time It's either Estee Lauder Time Zone or a Lancome one.