Sunday, March 28, 2010

Review: Kiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser - By The Intrepid Beauty

Kiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser


I received a 30ml sample of this product (pic above) and was looking forward to using it as I love foaming cleansers. However, I was soon to discover that this product is a misnomer as it doesn't foam at all. It should best be described as a creamy cleanser which while it makes my skin smooth and soft upon application, doesn't work that well to remove make-up, let alone eyeshadow. To be fair, the product description doesn't say that it is meant for removing make-up. It merely states that it is formulated for a normal skin type or skin which tends to be somewhat dry or sensitive. It goes on further to state that it is intended to be removed with water.

When I compare it to my other foaming cleansers, i.e. Estee Lauder's Soft Clean Moisture Rich Foaming Cleanser, Clinique's rinse-off foaming cleanser or Shiseido's Brightening Cleaning Foam, Kiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser is a disappointment as the other foaming cleansers not only produce a mass of rich lather with just a minute amount but they all cleanse make-up really well. With the Kiehl's Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser, you have to use more than a dollop of product and even then, it doesn't get every bit of foundation off your face but I guess it is an adequate cleanser if you have nothing on your face.

The texture of this cleanser is thick and as I have described in the 1st paragraph, very creamy. It's definitely gentle enough for the most sensitive of skins but it's just not something I would purchase as I need something stronger. The bottle isn't that user-friendly as you have to squeeze out the product as there is no pump. With cleansers of such consistency, I would prefer a pump to dispense the required amount. This cleanser comes in two sizes, 125ml (RM50) and 250ml (RM75).


The Intrepid Beauty

3 comments:

Pigita said...

i've tried this too and didnt like it either, for exactly the same reasons you've stated here.

CY said...

i have to agree with you on that.. I gave my bottle away. never mind if it is from Kiehl's.

With Love, Elle said...

yeah this doesn't have ANY foam >.<
im a fan of kiehl's but i dint review this too

xoxo elle