Thursday, May 27, 2010

EOTD/FOTD: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Ultra Violet Liquid Eyeshadow With MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre

Today's look is more on the purplish side with my new Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess 2010 Ultra Violet Liquid Eyeshadow. And I paired it with a "plusher", a new term coined for 'purple + blusher', which I read in the June '10 issue of female magazine. The "plusher" which I used for this look is MAC Blush Ombre Azalea Blossom from the Spring Forecast 1 collection.


The main products used
The above are the main products used to create this look.
Others (not in the photo) include: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, Guerlain Meteorites, Averine Volume Mascara, Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lip Color in Pink Bloom(PC31)


Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Liquid Eyeshadow in Ultra Violet and its swatch



Estee Lauder Pure Color Pearl Shimmer Shadow in Sand Pearl and its swatch

Some words on this.......
The Pure Color Pearl Shimmer Shadow in Sand Pearl is actually from the Estee Lauder Pearl Of Lights Summer 2008 collection which I got it from their sale last year. I decided to use this as a highlighter shade instead of my usual Stila Kitten eyeshadow, since I would be using liquid eyeshadow anyways. So why not let it be all liquid eyeshadows from Estee Lauder, right? :)

The formula of this Shimmer Shadow is different from the Liquid Eyeshadow. It's more fluid compared to the thicker consistency of the Liquid Eyeshadow. And when I applied it, I experienced a cooling sensation similar to the coolness when I applied my Paul & Joe eye gloss. It has subtle shimmer with a slight pearl finish. Suitable for highlighting. Easily blendable too.




Eye Of The Day


1 - Define brow with Stila Automatic Brow Definer in Coffee;

2 - Apply Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Liquid Eyeshadow in Ultra Violet by swiping the applicator once on the lid as close to the upper lash line as possible, then blend with finger up to the crease;
3 - Dab Estee Lauder Pure Color Pearl Shimmer Shadow in Sand Pearl below the brow and blend to highlight;
4 - Also apply a thin layer of Sand Pearl along the lower lash line;
5 - Apply Averine Volume Mascara in Black on the upper lashes.

See, the liquid eyeshadows are quite easy to work with, and the purple doesn't look as scary and is actually quite wearable once it's blended. This was my 1st time working with Ultra Violet. I'll try to play with it more and may be try to create a smoky purple with it.

By the way, this eye makeup stayed on my lids without any fading nor 'migrating' elsewhere for almost the whole day from about 12noon when I first applied it till dinner time around 7pm and beyond. When I removed this makeup, it was coming to 10pm after putting my little girl to bed. WOW for its great staying power!



Face Of The Day
Face: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (review coming up soon);
Guerlain Meteorites
Yup, I didn't use any foundation for this look.....it's all only the primer and Meteorites! :D

Cheeks: MAC Blush Ombre Azalea Blossom (the purple part)

Lips: Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lip Color in Pink Bloom(PC31)



MAC Blush Ombre Azalea Blossom (purple part) on my cheeks



Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lip Color in Pink Bloom(PC31) on my lips
You can read the review here.





So today is the last day of the work week for us here, and tomorrow is a public holiday. :D

Have a nice long weekend ahead!

5 comments:

Lilian said...

Wow. Good to read your review and like your photos especially on the sexy lips.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Lilian. Glad you like them. :)

gio said...

What a pretty and fresh look! You look gorgeous!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio.

Anonymous said...

I've been searching in google for some home and garden ideas and fortuitously found this vonvonsinterests.blogspot.com site.
What a unique blog! I like how appointed each of the entries are. They are well balanced, both informative and entertaining, and the pictures are cool too.