Tuesday, May 25, 2010

EOTD/FOTD: MAC To The Beach-Inspired

I am still waiting (im)patiently for the makeup from MAC To The Beach to arrive in stores. So last Saturday I took my dear MAC tote out on its inaugural outing, and I couldn't help but to do a To The Beach-inspired look to go with the tote! Since I have MAC Rated "R" eyeshadow which according to Temptalia, is quite a close dupe of Sweet & Punchy eyeshadow, I decided to do green eyes with orange lips. Couldn't find a dupe for Thrills lipstick which I am lemming for among my stash....so orange would do for now.


Products used




Eye Of The Day


1 - Define brow with Stila Automatic Brow Definer in Coffee;
2 - Apply Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in 03 Precious Jade from the upper lash line up to the crease;
3 - Using the short end of Stila Brush #20, apply MAC Rated "R" eyeshadow over the cream shadow;
4 - Using the long end of Stila Brush #20, apply Stila Kitten eyeshadow under the browbone and blend. Also, dab a small amount of Kitten eyeshadow to the inner corner of the eye;
5 - Line the upper lash line with Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in 09 Lime Green, and also the outer 2/3 of the lower lash line from outer corner inwards;
6 - Line the inner rim of the upper eye lid with Estee Lauder Artist's Eye Pencil in 01 Softsmudge Black;
7 - Apply Averine Volume Mascara in Black on the upper lashes.


Eyeshadows used
From left to right:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place ShadowCreme in 03 Precious Jade, MAC Rated "R" and Stila Kitten


From top to bottom: Stila Automatic Brow Definer in Coffee, Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in 09 Lime Green, Estee Lauder Artist's Eye Pencil in 01 Softsmudge Black, Averine Volume Mascara; and for the lips, Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Orange.




Face Of The Day
Face: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (review coming up soon);
Averine Satin Smooth Foundation SF03 Fair;
MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder


Cheeks: I Nuovi D36 Lollipop blush

Lips: Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Orange



Products used for the face


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think we'll only get it sometime in June, as I was told by my friend that KLCC MAC is having an event for this release in June, therefore, only that outlet will have the stocks for sale 1st (atleast) coz when there's an event, other outlets, even they have the stocks they are not allowed to sell until after the launch at the event. funny eh? got biz don't want to do?? if u want an accurate date,try calling MAC KLCC and ask, maybe get an invite to their launch party? (They have it all the time with big launches, but not my cuppa tea :) ) but if u find out do let me know exactly when ya :) ys

SheTreasures said...

Von,
I am still a baby in applying such beautiful eyeshadows!

I wish I have time to sit and learn.

And that beach eye make up is so lovely!

xoxo
--http://womanwhotreasures.blogspot.com

gio said...

I love this look, it's pretty and colorful yet very wearable. Love the eyeliner too, you did a great job!

Vonvon said...

Hi SheTreasures,

Thank you. Glad you like the makeup.

Practice makes perfect. Try it everyday with your own makeup. Quick looks with 1 or 2 shades at first - perhaps start with more neutral shades. Then when you get the hang of it, you may add in more colors.

Good luck in trying. xo

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio!

I thought may be I should have layered on more of the green? And my colored liners. :D

But then, it's supposed to be "for the beach". Who needs heavy makeup for the beach, yea? ;)