Sunday, May 30, 2010

Swatches & Overview: MAC To The Beach Collection 2010

If I could have my way, I want to have all the eyeshadows, all the lipsticks and tinted lipglasses, lip pencils, eye kohls and Pink Rebel Lustre Drops from this collection!!!!! And of course, may be 2 or 3 Marine Life High-light Powders aka: the Seahorse! Yes, these are the Vonvon's Highlights from MAC To The Beach!



Some shades are actually repromotes from previous LE collections, and some (2 of the eyeshadows) are from the permanent line but in the LE MAC To The Beach green casing with a seashell printed on the transparent cover.

Let's take a look at the many swatches and I will share my thoughts and recommendations as we go along............(lots of photos ahead)!!!


Display of the eyeshadows, Marine Life, blushes, lip liner, eye kohls, lippies and nail lacquers on a straw beach mat design background


Vonvon's Highlights

Marine Life High-Light Powder
The golden bronzy shimmer on the seahorse is an overspray and it has come off quite a bit on the tester. I will take more photos of my brand new Marine Life later.

The swatch above was done by swiping the brush across Marine Life lightly and applied on the back of my hand. It's quite pigmented and a bit powdery.


The gorgeous eyeshadows
All the shades are very pigmented, even the Sand & Sun which is of matte finish turned out to have good pigmentation, though initially, the brand new Sand & Sun was a bit difficult to work with. It didn't come off well when I first swatched it, but after several swipes, it's better. Texture is slightly chalky, but applies quite smoothly.

The other 4 eyeshadows are of Veluxe Pearl finish, with smooth texture and very pigmented. Firecracker and Sweet & Punchy are limited edition shades, while Shimmermoss and Humid from the permanent line. Humid is actually greener (more like forest green) than appeared in the photo (due to lighting).

Of course, Sand & Sun, Firecracker and Sweet & Punchy would be highly recommended while the other 2, unless you want them in the limited edition packaging like I do, can wait.


Both shades of the Eye Kohls are actually permanent, but for this collection, they come in a white pencil with coral prints. They are quite soft and non-waterproof. That doesn't deter me though I prefer my eye liners to be waterproof at least. I am crazy over colored eye liner and the Float on By(blue) and Rosemary & Thyme(olive green) shades are so calling my name. And they go quite well with the eyeshadow shades as shown in the photo above.

*******************************************************


The blushes are quite pigmented and smooth. Hipness is a repromote.



MAC To The Beach Lipsticks
From left to right: Beachbound(Glaze), Lazy Day(Lustre), Thrills(Frost), Funbathing(Cremesheen)

Overall, the lipstick shades are on the sheer side, though Funbathing appeared to be more pigmented. Texture is smooth and glide on easily.

The 4 shades actually remind me very much of the different shades of the summer sun from sunrise to sundown! :)


MAC To The Beach Tinted LipglassesThe texture is smooth and non-sticky and they are pearlescent.
Colors a bit on the sheer side.


Lip Pencils
Temperature Rising really got my body temperature rise by a degree or 2! It's a bright neon orange, but somehow I am attracted to it! It's not that strong a color actually, but I just got overboard and literally painted it on my hand! ;P
Good to use as a base for very sheer lipstick or just beneath gloss to make the colors pop!

I'll play with the liners more if I decide to get them and will write about it.



BRONZERS











I am not really a fan of bronzers/bronzing products.
But the Bronzing Powders are very good for contouring and sculpting the face. Will speak about it when I write the FOTD post.



Lustre Drops



So here are the swatches of almost everything from this collection, except the nail lacquers as I don't wear nail polish and my little girl was acting up a bit that day ('cos I spent too long time in the store), and refused to lend me 2 of her nails to test out the nail polishes. ;P

Hope you enjoy reading this and checking out the swatches before deciding on which items to purchase! :D

Have a good Sunday!

6 comments:

☆Anastacia☆ said...

Awe! Those luster drops looks so great! Hahaha~ I wish we have mac store over here!

Vonvon said...

Hi Anastacia,

I tried the Lustre Drops for the first time too, and love the glowy and radiant effect it gave.

Please let me know if you would like me to help you get it.

Jess said...

Thanks for these awesome photos and swatches! Great blog!

I'm following you now! ;)

melian22 said...

Wow, thanks for the awesome swatches! Do you know if they still have the Marine Life Highlighter available? I think I have to get it... :P

Vonvon said...

Hi Jess,

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your comments.

Glad you like the swatches.

Thanks for following too. I have been following your blog for a while, left some comments, but not too frequent. That will change. :)

Vonvon said...

You are welcome, melian!

Try calling the MAC stores to inquire and reserve the Marine Life.

MAC MV: 03-22846490
MAC KLCC: 03-23820950
MAC Pavilion: 03-21418785
MAC Sunway Pyramid: 03-56312710

I don't know where is your location, but I guess one of the MAC stores above should be convenient for you. Hurry, a friend of mine told me Marine life is selling very fast.