Wednesday, June 9, 2010

EOTD/FOTD: Gold & Burgundy - From CLEO-Lancome Makeover

Here is the look from the Lancome makeover (from CLEO) I had last week. I was wearing a wine-colored top but I wanted to try out the Lancome eye palette, G20 - D'Or Et D'Exces (you can see the palette in the photo below). So the makeup artist added an eyeshadow single CD605 (a dark purple) to make my eye makeup kind of match the clothes I was wearing. That's quite thoughtful of him. :)


During the makeover
And the photographer is....who else? My little girl, of course! :)
So, please pardon the blurry photo, yea...after all, she is only a toddler but very keen in helping her Mommy out. It's also a way to keep her quiet while I had my makeover.....just let her click away with the camera taking photos of whatever she fancies! :D



Some of the items used
I didn't manage to find out the foundation and its shade which he used on me and also the blush, as the moment he finished making up for me, he disappeared to serve some aunty! :S
Not in the photo are lip glosses he used on my lips.


Eye Of The Day
Here are the steps for the EOTD as explained to me by the makeup artist as he did my makeup.
(I am trying to recall each and every step.)

1 - He used a black pencil eye liner to line my upper lash line and smudge it to make a base.
2 - He applied the gold shade from G20 palette from the inner corner of the eye outward, and the deep purple shade on the outer corner and blend.
3 - He used the white shade from G20 palette for highlighting the area below the brow bone.
4 - I remember him mentioning that he applied a brown shade lightly on the crease to make my lids appear less puffy. But he didn't tell me which shade he used. Basically, any brown shade, preferably matte would be suitable, according to him.
5 - He applied the black shade from G20 palette on the liner he had applied earlier to create a slight smoky look, and also on the lower lash line after lining it with the same black liner he used earlier.
6 - A brown brow pencil for my eyebrows, and finished off with Hypnose mascara.




Face Of The Day
After finishing my eye makeup, he proceeded to apply the foundation (again, didn't tell me which one and the shade...sigh) on top of the makeup base he had applied earlier.
He did some shading with the Sparkling Cherub Sheer Warming Illuminating Powder.
Again, he didn't tell me which blush he used.
And for the lips, he applied Color Fever Gloss #200 (a beige shade) as a base, and #306 (a peach shade) on top of it.






Basically, the artist is a nice guy, and his makeup skills are OK, but somehow he didn't try to build a rapport with his customer(s), or rather new customers like me. So I just didn't bother to ask him more questions.

Oh yea, and the goodie bag consisted only of 2 packets of Blanc Expert Ultimate Whitening Radiance Reviving Petals and a Juicy Tube #23 Raisin(more like a berry shade) and a makeover voucher. Didn't upload the photo yet. But nothing extraordinary.

My apologies if I couldn't provide as much detailed information on this EOTD/FOTD as my other EOTD/FOTD which I did by myself, or by my beloved MAC and Estee Lauder makeup artists!


Have a nice day!
It's already Wednesday and 2 more days to weekend! :D

12 comments:

☆Anastacia☆ said...

You looks flawless and that is such sweet make-up! Neutral yet pretty!

Dorami said...

Hi Von,

Do you happen to know what is the GWP offer (and the amount to qualify) for lancome now. Planning to get some stuff this weekend. Thanks!

Vonvon said...

Thank you Anastacia. I really liked the effect of the base and foundation on my complexion. Though I had wished the gold eyeshadow is 'heavier'. I have a thing for gold eyeshadow and yellow, besides, pinks, purples, blues and greens. :D

Vonvon said...

Hi Dorami,

Thank you for your comment and visiting.

I just called the Lancome counter in Isetan KLCC and the GWP offer currently is purchase RM400 and above, you will get a 6-piece gift consisting of a bag, a mini mascara and 4-pc skincare set (deluxe sized) from Primordiale range.

Hope that helps. :)

Dorami said...

Thanks Von, so nice of you to help call =) BTW, love the EL liquid eye shadow you got (the one in blue), but no guts to buy and use it..hahaa

Vonvon said...

You are welcome, Dorami.

Thanks, glad you like Aqua Flash. It's not too 'scary' a color to wear, really. Use very little and then blend it out, just like I did. Anyways, if you do get it, do share, yea...:)

gio said...

Love this look on you, your skin is flawless. It's a shame the makeup artist wasn't more chatty but at least he did a great job.

Vonvon said...

Thanks, gio! Yea, he really prepped my complexion very well. I think I'll have to go back there and ask him which foundation he used on me.

Witoxicity said...

You look so radiant in the photo. I thought you did an excellent job of explaining step-by-step what he did, despite the makeup artist not being very chatty. Thanks for the details! :)

Jess said...

Vonvon,. I love this look a lot! The shadows are so well blended and look so natural and soft.

Vonvon said...

You are welcome, Witoxicity.

And thanks. I always like to find out at least the basic steps an artist uses for my makeup, and hope to learn something from it. :) Also hope it would be of some benefit to my readers too.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Jess! :)