Saturday, June 26, 2010

EOTD/FOTD: Yellow Brown

I couldn't think of a name for this EOTD (told you I am so unimaginative ;P) thus decided to name it after the main colors as seen on my eyes. *sigh.....





Products used
For face:
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand shade
MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder
Clinique blush in Enchanted Bronze



For eyes:
MAC Bright Future eyeshadow (Veluxe Pearl)
MAC Rated "R" eyeshadow (Starflash)
Stila Smudge Pot in Jade
Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in Lime Green
Averine Volume Mascara
Stila Automatic Brow Definer in Coffee


2 of my many favorite eyeshadows from MAC!


For cheeks:
I Nuovi D36 blush in Lollipop

More eyeshadows used:
I Nuovi D27 eyeshadows in Dynamite and Fairytale




Eye Of The Day


1 - Define brow with Stila Automatic Brow Definer in Coffee;
2 - Apply MAC Bright Future eyeshadow with the short end of Stila brush #20 from the inner corner of the eye to about midway;
3 - Using the short end of Stila Brush #20, apply MAC Rated "R" eyeshadow from the outer corner inward to meet the yellow (Bright Future);
4 - Using the same short end of Stila Brush #20, apply I Nuovi D27 Dynamite eyeshadow over Rated "R" and blend;
5 - Using the long end of Stila Brush #20, apply I Nuovi D27 Fairytale eyeshadow under the brow bone for highlight;
6 - Line the upper lash line with Stila Smudge Pot in Jade with Tsuya-Tsuya pointed eyeliner brush;
7 - Line the lower lash line with Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in 09 Lime Green;

8 - Apply Averine Volume Mascara in Black on the upper and lower lashes.


Face Of The Day
*Please excuse the big zit on my forehead ;)

Face: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (review coming up soon);
Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand shade (review coming up soon);
MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder to set the foundation;
Clinique Enchanted Bronze blush fro contouring.

Cheeks: I Nuovi D36 blush in Lollipop

Lips: MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick


More photos.....

Anastacia-inspired style of taking photos of FOTD, no, not the singer Anastacia. ;)






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the first picture looks a little bit horrible , but the rest is okie. How is your break out now ? feeling better after you used the nature in a box pot ?

Vonvon said...

Thank you for the comment, Anonymous! :)

And just how horrible does the first picture look? Care to come out from the anonymity of the Internet and explain? I would like to learn and improve for my future EOTDs/FOTDs.

Thank you for asking, the break-outs have almost dried up and only some hyperpigmentation left.

☆Anastacia☆ said...

Aweeee! You're so sweet to saying nice words to me :) Thank you so much!!

I like your eotds! Your make-up always looks so soft and nice blending! Such summery look!

BTW, I'm waiting for your shopping update :P

Don't pay attention to anonymous, there is a lot of "funny" people out there. Just delete such comments and forget! Not big deal in your first picture. Just know, you're simply beautiful!!

Vonvon said...

Indeed I like the ways you take your photos, Anastacia. And you are so sweet and nice for the kind and encouraging words.

Thank you. But no matter how I tried packing on the colors, it will invariably turn out on the soft side. I think it's also because I seldom use an eye base.

It's just a small haul though....;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vonvon! This is out of the topic question :p Do you when when is the Mac In The Groove collection coming to the stores? Thanks! :)

Shaz

Sherry said...

hi von, your profile pic so pretty!!!

Vonvon said...

Hi Shaz,

No problem. I am also anticipating MAC In The Groove myself. Just checked with them, and most probably mid-July...but nothing is confirmed yet.

Will post up when I get news of them. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Sherry. :)