Friday, June 25, 2010

LOTD, Swatch & Review: MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipstick

Here's the swatches and a quick review of the MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick.


MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick (Lustre) - described on the MAC website as a light coral-red colour.

When I brought out the lipstick to take photos of it, I noticed some 'beads of oil' on it. Well, it wasn't like that when I bought it. But somehow, after several uses, those oil has disappeared, and the lipstick is back to its normal appearance again. No big deal for me, as everything - taste, smell, texture, seems fine to me. Just thought of mentioning it, and I think it could most probably due to the hot and humid weather.





Vonvon says......

This lipstick is of a light reddish coral which I think is more of red than coral. It is quite sheer. While the texture is not creamy, it does glide on smoothly on my lips. I don't feel that it's moisturizing for my lips, but at the same time, it doesn't feel dry and after a few hours does not dry out my lips (I have had experience with certain lipsticks which dried my lips out and made it look like some dried prunes!). It doesn't feather even without the use of lip liner.

It lasts for about 2-3 hours on my lips without eating, and one good thing I noticed was it didn't leave too much of a lipstick stain on my cup when I was drinking.


Lips Of The Day (LOTD)
MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick on my lips
Applied 2 coats on the lips. I think it would make my lips more defined if I'd use a lip liner to line my lips, especially the lower lip.

This shade is wearable for everyday and casual look. It looks pretty sweet too. ;) The red is not a super bright red, and for those who would like to try out red lipstick, such a sheer red color would be good to start with and it's hard to go wrong with it, in my opinion.


This is a limited edition shade for MAC Viva Glam AIDS Awareness campaign and the lipstick casing bears Cyndi Lauper's signature, so is the box packaging.


6 comments:

☆Anastacia☆ said...

It looks so adorable on your lips!!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Anastacia. :)

Jess said...

Don't you just love Cyndi?! ;)

Vonvon said...

I love Cyndi, Jess.... haven't felt this way for a long time....for a lippie, I mean. ;)

Amanda said...

Those beads on your lippie was just moisture and it always happens to things like that (cream blushes etc) when it's hot nothing to worry about. Thanks for writing such a great blog post about it. You've convinced me to get it lol.

Vonvon said...

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for dropping by and the comment.

You are welcome. So did you get Cyndi? ;)

Thanks for sharing about the moisture beads. You are right, I do find them on my cream color base...