Monday, June 28, 2010

Photos: Blueberries & Cherries Make Great Snacks!

We are a fruit-eating lot! Yes, we, as in Hubby, our little girl and myself. A large part of our food expenditure goes to fruits. And our favorites of all time are berries and cherries.

Last Saturday, I bought 1 dozen (pre-packed, small one) boxes of blueberries and cherries from the Jusco supermarket in MidValley. A box of cherries costs RM10.36 (250grams) while a box of blueberries is RM8.90 (125 grams). They are quite cheap considering that these fruits are imported. By the way, these are special offers and I think today is the last day, if I am not mistaken. I am not too sure about other Jusco supermarkets though.


I guess I don't have to explain the nutritious values of these fruits and their health benefits. They make great add-on to your breakfast, mid-morning snacks, or just simply anytime you feel like munching on something..... they are definitely better and healthier choices than chips!

As for me, I have been 'binging' a lot on fruits lately and when I saw the prices of these, I just went crazy. I take them as part of my effort to shed more pounds, detox, and also in the hope of helping with my complexion which seems to be rebelling quite often lately (with those unsightly break-outs!)

So, ladies, let's increase our fruit intake for health and beauty!

And it's almost lunch time now........;P



10 comments:

☆Anastacia☆ said...

Yay! you have cherries in Malaysia. So lucky!!

Vonvon said...

Anastacia, they are actually imported. Most of the time, they are pretty expensive but sometimes, we can get them on special offers like these.

Ty tozhe lyubysh vyshnyu/chereshnyu?

Slowbrogal said...

OMG!! Where u get de cherries for so cheap? I want!!

Sherry said...

wow.. dont know that but see price. eat once a while ok leh :D

gio said...

I love cherries too but they are so expensive here! I only get to eat during this time of the year when their price decreases a bit.

Vonvon said...

Slowbrogal, from Jusco Midvalley supermarket. May be check out other Juscos, they might have too.

Vonvon said...

Sherry, I always wait for special offers like this and sapu a whole lot. If not, normally, just 1 box or 2 for my little girl. Hehe! she loves all these berries. But now, it's summer time, so there's a lot of cherries.

Vonvon said...

Gio, I think it's the same everywhere for the seasonal fruits. Cheaper in summer when they are in abundance. :)

Jess said...

Yummy, I love cherries! Going to eat my cup of cherries tomorrow! ;)

Vonvon said...

Enjoy your cherries, Jess! It's summer time, and bet you can get all the yummy fruits easily..... *slurp. ;)