Sunday, June 27, 2010

Review: Aqua Rine (TM) Bath Sea Salt - By The Intrepid Beauty

Like Yours Truly, The Intrepid Beauty also has great passion and loves indulging in bath and body products.

**************************************************

Ever since I discovered the benefits of using body scrubs not too long ago, I'm always on the lookout for this product, be it in hypermarkets, pharmacies or beauty shops. In rather obscure corners of different Sasa stores where I do spend a lot of time, there sits a range of Aqua Rine (TM) sea salt with a variety of aroma, i.e. milk, rose, peach and tea. Each one comes in different colours, light blue, pink, peach (what else?) and green respectively, with cute graphics on the tube. It has English and Japanese words on the front and back but I've no idea where it's made, could be China for all I know.



Since I've tried the rose aroma sea salt, I can say that I like the scent but it isn't a strong aroma. You just get a whiff of rose and once you wash it off, you don't smell it any more. The texture of the sea salt is very fine and it feels creamy. It's quite thick but washes off easily leaving velvety smooth skin. Although my skin does feel moisturized, I don't see that my pores have become smaller (as claimed on the product description). Then again, I don't purchase body scrubs on the basis of what they claim they can do for my skin. It's more important that I like the aroma or that it does what body scrubs are supposed to do in general, which is to make skin smoother.



While I like the product itself, I find it a bit of a pain to twist open the cap each time, I'd have preferred a flip top cap, so much more user-friendly but one can't have everything especially not when the price is just RM29.90 for 400g. Each tube is really quite heavy! I'd definitely like to try out the other aroma varieties, especially the tea aroma. For the amount in each tube, I'd have to say it's one of the better quality and value body scrubs in town. However, please note that the peach aroma costs RM32.90, not that I can figure out why. Is peach supposed to be more expensive than the primary ingredients in the other sea salt variations?


The Intrepid Beauty


4 comments:

Blair said...

I was attracted by the packaging too! It's cute and simple =]

I'm quite enthused to try mine now after reading your review (I bought it so long ago! =.= ) =]

lavender said...

where to purchase this?

Vonvon said...

Lavender, in SASA outlets.

☆Anastacia☆ said...

Yay! I love rose and green tea smells too!
The packaging looks really cute :)