Tuesday, July 13, 2010

EOTD Marathon, Vol. 1: All Four L'Oreal Paris Open Eyes Chrome Intensity Palettes - Part 2

This is Part 2 whereby I will continue to show you different eye looks from Aquadisiac, Timeless Green and Magic Amber. For the rest of my face, I maintained the same foundation, blush and lipstick, as in the FOTD in Part 1.


AQUADISIAC


Swatches of Aquadisiac


Eye Look #2
(more suited for night look, I guess)
1 - Start by using the long end of Stila brush #30 to apply White (Highlighter) under the brow bone and lightly swipe inward. Dab White on the inner corner as well;
2 - Apply the darkest shade on the outer 1/3 of the lid by dabbing (to pack in the color) with short end of the brush;
3 - Apply the medium blue shade on the middle 1/3 of the lid;
4 - Apply Aquadisiac (the sky blue shade) on the inner 1/3 of the lid.

The photo above is what I got without any blending yet. You can see the harsh defined edges.

5 - Blend with the long end of the brush between the inner 1/3 and middle 1/3, then middle 1/3 and outer 1/3. You can also add some White to blend them.
6 - Use the tapered end of the sponge tip applicator to line the upper and lower lash lines with the darkest shade.


Only 1 eye is shown. You will know why at the end of this post. ;)




TIMELESS GREEN


Swatches of Timeless Green


Eye Look #3
(day and/or night look??)




1 - Apply Brown to inner 2/3 of the lid;
2 - Apply Green to the outer 1/3 and blend with Brown;
3 - Apply White(Highlighter) under brow bone and dab on inner corner;
4 - Use Stila brush #13 to apply a thin line with the darkest color on the upper lash line and outer 2/3 of the lower lash line.


Eye Look #3A
(night look/smokey)


1 - To glam it up for a more intense smokey look, dab the darkest shade on top of Brown, then add Brown again;
2 - Dab the darkest shade on top of Green as well and blend thoroughly;
3 - Use the tapered end of the sponge tip applicator to line the upper lash line with a thick line, and lower lash line, using the darkest shade.




MAGIC AMBER


Swatches of Magic Amber



Eye Look #4
(for day or simple night look)


1 - Start by applying the Highlighter (a very pale beige with some yellow) shade under brow bone and to the inner corner;
2 - Apply Dark Brown to the outer 1/3 of the lid;
3 - Apply Light Yellow to the middle 1/3 of the lid;
4 - Apply Amber to the inner 1/3 of the lid;

The photo above is what I got without any blending yet. You can see the harsh defined edges.




5 - Blend the shades together to smoothen out any harsh edges;
6 - Line the upper lash line with brush #13 using Dark Brown in a thin line.



Eye Look #4A
(night/smokey look)


For a more intense look, use the tapered end of the sponge tip applicator to draw a thicker line using Dark Brown on the upper lash line, and also lower lash line. Dab the Highlighter shade on the outer 2/3 of the lower lid.




Huh!!!! Finally.....I finish the writing marathon of my 1st EOTD Marathon!!

By the way, towards the end of the EOTD Marathon, the skin around my eyes was getting sore, and my eyes were quite red, from the frequent removing of the eye makeup. Even though I used a gentle hand to remove my eye makeup with Anna Sui Eye Makeup Remover WP (for water-proof eye makeup) and the remover cleanses very well, my delicate skin and sensitive eyes just couldn't take it anymore. :P

So, what do you think? Which is your favorite palette(s)? Which is your favorite eye look(s)?

I tried to use different ways of application, sometimes, starting from highlighting the brow bone, then the lids, and vice versa.


Before I end this post, here's for your laugh!!!!!!



And yes, I did wear the above look of Aquadisiac EOTD and Magic Amber EOTD out to dinner on Sunday night!!!!! Haha!



You can read Part 1 with Pink Mania here.

17 comments:

Mei Ping said...

Hi Vonvon,

I love all of the EOTDs. You blend the eyeshadows so well. I cant seem to blend like how you do :(

☆Anastacia☆ said...

I can't stop starring at your Loreal palettes! Those eye shadows looks so nice! Such lovely shades; all of them!

Cherry Lover said...

Wow I really like the blue combination. Especially the light blue!!! I'm really into pastel colors lately. :D

gio said...

I love Timeless Green, the colors are beautiful. But the others are very pretty too and I love all the look you created with them.

Jess said...

Ya, this indeed is a EOTD marathon, haha...! You are super diligent, Yvonne! ;)

I love Magic Amber! I think the shades look really pretty on you!

lavender said...

I like blue the best.
Ha ha... i guess so when u only show one eye...

Did u buy all colors?

Slowbrogal said...

OMG!! This new L'Oreal palette seems good. I dunno why I never attract to them..How much is the price?

Blair said...

These quads look fantastic~ Von Von, you are so diligent! I can never do so many EOTDs in one day =]

Vonvon said...

Hi Mei Ping,

Thank you. It takes lots of practice and many failed EOTDs with poor blending/shading for me too...

I am sure with practice, you will be able to blend your eye makeup well. Come, one day, we plan a makeup play date? ;)

Vonvon said...

I agree, Anastacia. Tell me, which one is your favorite palette?

Vonvon said...

Cherry Lover,

The blue eye look is one of my personal favorites too, next is the Pink Mania, because I am a pink mania myself. ;)

OK, next marathon, will do some pastels for you. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio. Glad you like all the looks. When I was playing with them, I kept thinking of your bright EOTDs and took advantage of their good color pay-off to pack in the colors to get bright EOTDs too, a bit different from my usual soft natural EOTDs.

Timeless Green seems to be a big hit here too.

Vonvon said...

Thank you for your kind words, Jess.

It all started with Magic Amber....thanks to a friend who praises the palette so much that the 'craze' spread to me. But yea, of the 4 palettes, the quality of the shadows in Magic Amber is the best. All 4 have buttery smooth texture.

Vonvon said...

Hi lavender,

Good guess. Can't 'afford' to cleanse the eye area too much and too often. Really sore, you know. ;) The last look with Magic Amber, the white of my eye was quite red (can even see in the photos).

I bought 3 of the palettes, and 1 was a gift.

Vonvon said...

Hi Slowbrogal,

Usual price is RM45.90, but Guardian has them on offer now at RM37.88. I wrote about it last week. Hurry, if you wanna get any, they are flying off the shelves, esp Timeless Green. :)

Vonvon said...

Hi Blair,

Thank you for your kind words. :) I didn't think I could do it at first, perhaps 2 or 3 EOTDs max. It's my 1st time doing this (so many looks) too.

But once you get into the flow, you will want to go on and on. And those great shadows act like a motivating factor. The only limitation is we have 2 eyes, and they will get sore/red by the 3rd or 4th cleansing. ;)

Sherry said...

so pretty like all the pics of EOTD :D