Friday, July 23, 2010

EOTD Marathon, Vol. 2: MAC In The Groove Mineralize Eyeshadow In Soften The Mood

This was the second EOTD Marathon that I did, but this time, I created only 2 different eye looks from MAC In The Groove Mineralize Eyeshadow in Soften The Mood. It can be quite drying for the skin around the eye area if I were to cleanse it many times in one day just to try out more looks. I hope you will understand.


Star of the Marathon

MAC In The Groove Mineralize Eyeshadow
SOFTEN THE MOOD


Brushes and eyeliners used
From L to R: Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Tiger's Eyes, MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Industrial, small- and medium-sized synthetic fiber eyeshadow brushes for wet application of the mineralize eyeshadows (from a seasonal brush set I bought from LovingMinerals.com last year), Stila brush #30 long end (for blending)



Eyeliners used


This time I used the wet method of application to do both looks. I sprayed some Laneige Makeup Mist on the brush, wiped off excess liquid and picked up the shades to apply.

The EOTDs below are quite pastel and light, more suited for day and casual look - for Summer!


Eye Look #1


1 - Apply Light Blue shade from the inner corner to about 2/3 outward;
2 - Apply matte brown shade on the outer 1/3 and blend with the light blue;
3 - Use the shimmery champagne shade in the middle for highlight under the brow;
4 - Line the upper and lower lash lines with MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Industrial - a shimmery sky blue shade (from Art Supplies collection);
5 - Dab some light blue shade on top of the liner on the lower lash line;
6 - Finish off with Estee Lauder Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara to the upper and lower lashes.




Eye Look #2


1 - Start by applying the Light Blue shade under the browbone for highlight. You can apply only up to the crease or all the way down to the lids to let the light blue act as a 'prime color'. I only applied up to the crease;
2 - Apply matte brown shade all over the lids, but I didn't quite like the plain bland color. So I applied the shimmery champagne shade on top of the matte brown to give my lids 'more life';
3 - Line the upper and lower lash lines with Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Tigers Eye;
4 - Since Kajal is not water-proof, not smudge-proof, etc, I applied the matte brown shade on top of the liner on the upper and lower lash line to prevent smudging and fading.
5 - Finish off with Estee Lauder Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara.



For another laugh!


2 comments:

gio said...

Both looks are very pretty. I love the blue eyeliner in the first one, it adds a pretty colorful touch to the look.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! That's my main aim of using the blue eyeliner, since I thought the shadow colors were a tad too pastel...decided to add a pop of color. :)