Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally, I Saw MAC In The Groove Mineralize Eyeshadow Trios & My Heart Stopped

Really, nothing has prepared me for the beauty of the MAC In The Groove Mineralize Eyeshadow Trios. They are just in a class of its own. Though I don't own too many MAC Mineralize Eyeshadows, just 1 look, touch and swatch on them is enough to tell me that yes, they are beautiful, pigmented with good color pay-off, smooth and the variety of colors is huge! They are all LOVE AT FIRST SWATCH, yes, all of them even the neutrals, brown earthy tones!!!!!!!

Here's a little teaser.......

Top row, L to R: Love To Love; In The Groove; Making It Easy
Middle row, L to R: Calm, Cool & Collected; Blue My Mind; Togetherness
Bottom row, L to R: Soften The Mood; Style Influencer; Fresh & Easy



I bought Fresh & Easy and Togetherness today. And I am considering 4 more....I can hear my pocket grimacing in pain already....:D

Which one(s) would you get? Which are your favorites?

Editing photos of the swatches now.....


*Price: RM85 each, 2.2gram


14 comments:

electronicfly said...

I've seen the swatches d from US bloggers, and sigh, though the trios this time round look so pretty the swatches let me down :(

Tracy said...

LOL!!! Vonvon, you're so adorable when it comes to eyeshadows! Oh gosh... I better close my eyes when you show us the swatches. I can also hear my wallet now grimacing in pain!

Vonvon said...

Electonicfly, perhaps, you should go and test them out to see. When I saw the swatches online, I wasn't as excited as I am now.

Of course, the pigmentation varies among the 9 trios, from rather sheer but color pay-off is good, to really pigmented ones.

Overall, I think the quality of the shadows is very good.

Vonvon said...

Awww....Tracy, what can I do? It's like an indulgence. Today, while at the store swatching them, I was just immersed in a world of my own. Had another hectic day, but after my little play, I felt less stressed.

LOL! But I am still contemplating the makeup rehab idea. ;)

Cherry Lover said...

I really love soften the mood. It was love at first sight - promo pictures from temptalia.com. omg that blue! The other two browns in the trio are stunning too! Shimmery champagne and matte brown.

Jess said...

I got to see the In the Groove collection yesterday, and unlike you, I didn't get intrigued by anything. Doesn't happen very often, but my pocket is very happy about that though, haha...

Oh, but Fresh&Easy looks really cute! Please do a look with it soon! ;)

☆Anastacia☆ said...

So like how neutral/warm shades looks!

shuaddict said...

You have to do a look using these soon. They look really interesting.

gio said...

I've never liked MAC Mineralized eyeshadows much as the pigmentation was so poor when used dry. But I heard they were reformulated and the color payoff's much better now so I'm curious to try at least one, but can't choose witch one, they all look pretty.

Vonvon said...

Hi Cherry Lover,

Me too. The baby blue and champagne really blew me away. :)

Vonvon said...

Awww....Jess, it's alright. Good for your pocket. ;)

Fresh & Easy is sweet. Will do that soon.

Vonvon said...

Anastacia, the neutrals are very pretty indeed, especially Love To Love and In The Groove(well, this one has a rather warm brown - middle shade).

Vonvon said...

Hi Shuaddict,

Yes, was planning to do today, but woke up with puffy face, thanks to water retention :S

Will do some looks soon. :)

Vonvon said...

Hi gio,

These are definitely much better, esp not glittery, and yes, the color pay-off is very good. Though some shades are a bit powdery with slight fall-out.

Hope the swatches in the next post would offer some help to you in deciding which one to get.