Saturday, July 31, 2010

Review: Biovalley UHT Milk Shower Cream - By The Intrepid Beauty

The Intrepid Beauty will review Biovalley UHT Milk Shower Cream.


Fancy a milk bath anyone? :)


***************************************************


Product Description (from Biovalley product catalogue):

Freshen up your zest for life with Biovalley's UHT Milk aromatic bath, while naturally softening, moisturizing and hydrating your skin. This unique formula enriched with natural Sea Minerals, Therapeutic Oil and Cow's Milk extract provides nutrients and proteins for enhancing healthy skin. Intensive moisturizing prevents drying and cracking while whitening of skin to achieve a smoother silkier touch. Ideal for entire family and children above 2 years.


Health values:

Provides lasting hydration

Soothing relief and minimizes the skin allergic reactions



I'm currently using Biovalley's UHT Milk Shower Cream alternatively with two other shower creams as I believe in variety. A couple of months ago, I checked out Biovalley's range of shower creams at Guardian, Midvalley. Other than the one I purchased, they have two other types, i.e. Rosemary Geranium & Tea Tree. I chose UHT Milk because it has the strongest fragrance of the three and since I can't afford to bathe in milk like Cleopatra once supposedly did, I'll do the next best thing. The other reason for choosing to purchase a Biovalley shower cream is the price, you can't get much better than RM17.90 for an 800ml pump bottle. They also have 300ml bottles (non-pump) for RM8.40 but of course the 800ml bottles are much better value.



The UHT Milk Shower Cream is quite creamy and 1-2 pumps is enough to produce a fair bit of lather. I won't go so far as to say it is extremely hydrating or moisturizing. Sure, it doesn't dry out my skin but then again, it isn't wonderfully moisturizing either. My skin doesn't feel super soft and frankly, I feel that my other shower cream, Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti Aging ultra nourishing, does a better job in that respect. Overall, the Biovalley UHT Milk Shower Cream is an average shower cream which I won't repurchase but that's not to say I won't try the other shower creams.


I am already eyeing the Tea Tree Shower Cream for the following reasons:

(1) it contains Melaleuca Alternifolia extract (I'd previously heard from someone who manufactures bath products that this extract is especially beneficial to the skin);

(2) it does smell pretty good; and

(3) it claims to have mosquito repellent properties.


The Biovalley Shower Creams do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), parabens or added colours. Animal lovers have the assurance that they are also not tested on animals. However, among the ingredients is Ammonium Laureth Sulphate (ALS).


I didn't have a clue what it is, so I Googled it up and found this interesting excerpt from www.healthymuslim.com on the difference between SLS and ALS:


"There are several other surfactants with SLS in particular ammonium lauryl sulphate and

ammonium laureth sulphate. Although these sound very similar their molecular structure is significantly different and they do not have the same potential to irritate the skin. Also, because their molecules are larger than those of SLS, they are not able to pass through skin and therefore cannot be absorbed into the body in the same way. Because of these differences, ammonium lauryl and laureth sulphates are considered to be milder and safer alternatives to SLS."



The Intrepid Beauty


4 comments:

☆Anastacia☆ said...

Wow! "mosquito repellent properties" that is so useful for now!

Blair said...

RM17.90 for an 800ml sounds reasonable and mosquito repellent properties!? OMG, I need this shower cream NOW even though it isn't very moisturizing =[

Vonvon said...

Anastacia, do you get lots of mosquitoes over there in summer time? We have mosquitoes all year long...wouldn't mind letting my little girl try this too....

Vonvon said...

I think it is a very good deal too, Blair, when The Intrepid Beauty told me about it.

Let's try out and see how well does the mosquito repellent property work.