Thursday, July 29, 2010

Review: MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment - By The Intrepid Beauty

The Intrepid Beauty shares with you again, another favorite MAC product of hers. By now, I am sure many of you would have known how much Vonvon and her 2 guest writers LOVE MAC! :D

Today she is going to review MAC Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone Treatment which is a favorite product of many, including Victor Cembellin, MAC Pro Senior Artist North America, whom we had the privilege to speak and to have lunch with recently when he was in town. :)

****************************************************

Product Description from www.maccosmetics.com

A light, oil-free emulsion that helps cloak visible pores while controlling oil and shine. Applies "wet" for a gentle micro-exfoliation: dries instantly to create an invisible, long-lasting natural matte finish. Ideal for the T-zone.

15ml at RM80




As the name of the product suggests, this is a primer which preps the face before applying make-up. I have a few 3ml samples of the Skin Refined Zone Treatment which I use from time to time. 3ml may seem like very little but actually, a little goes a long way as you don't apply it all over the face and the texture is quite runny. As I don't have an oil problem other than my T-zone, I use it more on my cheeks when my pores are too large and noticeable (which fortunately isn't very often and definitely not a permanent feature on my face!).


As a primer, I prefer it to Smashbox's famous Photo Finish Foundation Primer as the Skin Refined Zone Treatment does not leave an unnaturally silicone-smooth film on my face like the former. When I apply the Skin Refined Zone Treatment to my pores, it instantly minimizes the appearance of the pores. I find that it has a mattifying effect and helps foundation glide on smoothly. When I do apply it to my T-zone, it does control the oil in that area and it's good for days when I have to wear make-up for longer than usual.


At RM80 for a 15ml tube, some may say that it's quite pricey but I note that even in USA, it's priced at USD19.50. It's a product which can be used sparingly though since you don't need to apply it all over the face, just where you need it most to control oil and/or minimize pores. For those who have a problem with oil control, it's worth checking this out.


Interestingly, it is one of Victor Cembellin's (MAC Pro Senior Artist) top 5 "must-have" MAC products.




The Intrepid Beauty


2 comments:

☆Anastacia☆ said...

What a one happy lady! Really want to try out all of this stuff!!

Vonvon said...

Anastacia, I think there is MAC in Seoul because Victor Cembellin told me that he went to Seoul for some MAC event before. But perhaps, the price may be pretty high. But do let me know if you would like to try anything, I can help you to purchase and send to you. :)