Sunday, August 22, 2010

L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Haircare: Rejuvenated, Revitalized, Reconstituted & Recommended - By The Intrepid Beauty

The Intrepid Beauty has tested out the NEW L'Oreal Total Repair 5 haircare and here are her reviews...........

************************************************************

It’s been a long time since I last used any L’oreal hair products. I change shampoos and conditioners all the time as I like to try out new products and in Malaysia, new shampoo and conditioners are launched every few months. I’d been seeing the L’oreal Total Repair 5 (TR5) advertisement on TV featuring one of my favourite Bollywood actresses, Aishwarya Rai (I do enjoy my Saturday afternoon Hindi movie every now and then) so when Vonvon requested me to review the L‘oreal TR5 Shampoo, Conditioner and Night Serum, I had the opportunity to confirm whether the products lived up to their claims.

The TR5 range is said to be a new range designed to address the 5 issues of damaged and devitalized hair, i.e. breakage, dryness, dullness, coarseness and split ends. The core ingredient in the products is Cement-Ceramide™ which claims to have the power to reinforce cohesion. Although I don’t have serious split end problems, my hair does feel and look dry and dull. When I wake up in the mornings, there’s some hair fall-out as well.

At first glance, the tube of conditioner looked like it was slightly bigger than the shampoo but upon closer examination, I found that they were the same at 180ml. Both come with flip top caps which makes it easy to open but you won’t be able to see how much product is left which isn’t really that much of an issue for me.

How did the products fare? Here’s my review on each one:


TR5 Repairing Shampoo



My first impression was that the scent was lovely, both floral and fruity. Later, I found out that it was a blend of jasmine, gardenia, rose, green melon, apple and peach. OK, scent alone does not convince me to purchase, what next?

I didn’t need a lot of shampoo to produce a more than satisfactory amount of lather. I’m one of those people who like their shampoos to be very foamy. I’ve used Kiehl’s Olive Shampoo before which while good, didn’t produce much lather. It’s just a personal thing, I like foam in cleanser and shampoos, the more the better. In this respect, the TR5 Repairing Shampoo more than fulfilled my exacting requirements.

The TR5 Shampoo cleansed well and didn’t feel heavy. It also washed off easily without leaving any residue. I’d purchase this shampoo once I run out of it since it’s an affordable RM11.90 for 180ml. It also comes in 375ml size at RM22.90.



TR5 Repairing Cream Conditioner



Prior to switching over to the TR5 range, I’d been using Ascience’s Inner Rich Shampoo, Conditioner & Treatment which worked for me in the sense that my hair agreed with the products but I didn’t get any spectacular results. While using these products, my hairdresser would still invariably comment on the dryness of my hair every time I visited him.

As the name suggests, the TR5 Repairing Cream Conditioner is very creamy. I squeeze the product on to one of my hands and rub both palms together to spread it evenly, then apply the conditioner to the lower sections of my hair.

I was amazed at the instant results, my hair felt exceptionally soft and smooth immediately. It was fluffy soft even after I’d blow dried my hair. There were no tangles and my hair was easy to manage, it’s a far more superior conditioner to even Ascience’s Treatment, never mind other drugstore conditioners I’ve tried previously.

24 hours after using the TR5 Conditioner, my hair still feels soft and smooth. My hair also feels healthier after using the TR5 shampoo and conditioner as I don’t see as much hair fall-out in the mornings. I’d definitely purchase this conditioner once I run out of it. I can’t remember the last time a conditioner impressed me this much.

Similar to the TR5 Shampoo, the TR5 Conditioner also comes in 2 sizes, 180ml at RM12.90 and 375ml at RM24.90.



TR5 Night Essence



I am not sure if it makes a difference when you apply this Night Essence. Should you apply it before you go to sleep like a sleeping mask for hair? Anyway, I applied the Night Essence after I’d finished blow drying my hair.

It isn’t sticky or greasy and absorbs very quickly into my hair. As an experiment, I have used the TR5 Shampoo and Conditioner without applying the Night Essence and on another occasion, used the Night Essence afterwards. I haven’t notice any difference with or without the Night Essence on but having said that, the results may not be visible to the naked eye. If I got my hair analysed, I may discover that my hair is strengthened by using the Night Essence. All I am saying is that I don’t see or feel any particular difference using the Night Essence.

The TR5 Night Essence comes in a 150ml pump and is priced at RM36.90.



The Intrepid Beauty

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site vonvonsinterests.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

Yes, it is possible but please identify yourself or your blog, and if it's beauty-related, or having similar topics/themes as my blog, I'd be glad to.

joyce said...

hi Vonvon, joyce here
i am a uni student and i am doing a marketing assignment about TR5, do u whether the packaging of the TR5 is recyclable?

thanks

Vonvon said...

Hi Joyce,

Yes, the bottles can be recycled, but not sure about the cap. Hope this helps.