Thursday, August 19, 2010

Photo: Estee Lauder NEW Pure Color Eyeshadows

Sorry, my dear readers.... Been disappearing from my blog a lot lately. Still on my break, and online opportunities have been very rare. Apologies for my late replies to your emails, comments, inquiries, etc.

And I am not quite updated with the beauty scene in my dear old Kay-El (Kuala Lumpur) malls these past few weeks.

Anyways, I saw this at an Estee Lauder counter in Macy's a few days ago...

The much-anticipated NEW Pure Color Eyeshadows by Estee Lauder in the new formula, much more pigmented, softer and smoother texture with excellent color pay-off! I managed to swatch a few shades and I had to pick up my mandible up from the ground after swatching those few shades. But err....in the midst of my excitement and rushing to shop in Macy's clothing section which was on sale, I had forgotten to snap pics of the swatches. ;)

A little sneak peek.......... Please do let me know if you have seen them in any Estee Lauder counter in KL......



For those in Malaysia, a little bird has whispered to me that they might be a value set coming soon with a palette featuring 18 shades of eyeshadows from the new range! What??? 18 shades?? YES YES!!!! I WANT I WANT!!!

To be honest, if I were to purchase these eyeshadows individually, I would be broke for the rest of the Fall and upcoming Holiday collections....so, I am waiting excitedly, albeit impatiently, to see if this 18-color eyeshadow palette is coming soon............ I'll update if I get any more news on this. :)

Have a good evening!


UPDATE (August 22, 2010; 7AM): The 18-eyeshadow palette will be part of the Estee Lauder Blockbuster set which will be available at the end of the month. And as usual, there will be a set exclusive to the Estee Lauder counters of Isetan only. The rest of the counters will have the normal set. You can see them in the latest Isetan newsletter.

*Thank you to 2 readers of Vonvon's Interests who wish to remain anonymous, for the info. xoxo

14 comments:

gio said...

These look lovely! I wish there were more colorful shades, but the ones are available are very pretty anyway.

Fieran said...

This is a little off topic but I'm curious if Mac in KL sells the Beauty Balm.. Would you happen to know?

Anastacia said...

HI! How are you doing? I thought it's a huge palette :) Love those colors!

Paris B said...

nice! been eyeing those new shadows. sounds like a fab holiday ;)

Pinch said...

Oh, these look very pretty! I can see why you'd like an 18 palette of these =)

Vonvon said...

Gio, they are. I think this time around, the colors are much brighter compared to the older versions. But I get what you mean...more varieties and wider color range...

Vonvon said...

Fieran, no, we don't have MAC Beauty Balm in KL. And I couldn't find it in the US either.

Vonvon said...

Nastia, I am doing great! And how are you and the boys?

Yea, I wish I could have the whole display palette. LOL.....

Vonvon said...

Hi Paris B,

I am sure you will love the shadows. And there are many of your favorite shades. ;)

Yes, been a great holiday...:D

Vonvon said...

Pinch, I wouldn't mind having them all!!! LOL.... But 18 of them is already very good! :D

Anonymous said...

I got 2 sets of blockbusters from 2009. This has better be an entirely diff color combo from last year or else I will pass!

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

I got both sets in 2008, and skipped the 2009 ones. I heard this will contain the NEW Pure Color Eyeshadows. Not sure, haven't seen them.

Anonymous said...

Gonna pass the estee blockbuster this year. They took off 2 mascara and replaced with a double lip gloss for the new set. Added more eyeshadows and 1 extra blusher. Overall, the colors are quite similar to what I already have. I got both the estee sets last year. So, no need to rush for it this year. Now waiting to see what others for have got 2010 Xmas! The brushes are still lousy.... I wish they just replace those useless brushes with lipgloss instead. Fr. Karin

Vonvon said...

Hi Karin,

Thank you for the update on the blockbuster sets. I know the shades are typical of Estee Lauder, but quality-wise was much more superior, in my opinion. Didn't see the sets in person yet. One of these days.....