Monday, September 27, 2010

Greetings From The UK; First Fall EOTD; Hauls From Boots et al; Window Shopping

Good morning from the UK!!!
It's a little after 10AM here, wet and grey and cloudy!

For my dear beloved readers in Malaysia, how has your Monday been?


Did some shopping in Boots during the past week, and lots of window shopping. The Boots 3 for 2 offer on Christmas shopping has already started and it's only the beginning of Fall! Drooling over so many stuffs, especially those many pretty gift sets.

I saw Sex And The City makeup too, with each eyeshadow palette dedicated to each star of the show. At 8 pounds (I need to figure out how to type the GBP sign on my keyboard!) each, and with the 3 for 2 offer....hmmm....quite tempting. But I guess I could do without them.


Sex And The City makeup
Has anyone tried them before? Do share your thought on them if you have. :)


Shopped too much in the US and now I have loads and loads of new Fall '10 makeup yet to be opened, let alone used.

Some makeup and bodycare haul from Boots, and other miscellaneous beauty haul............

Boots Botanics Enlivening Body Polish travel-size
Can't live without body scrubs/polishes, love the soft and smooth feel on my skin after scrubbing!



Boots No7 NEW Exceptional Definition Nutrient Enriched Mascara (GBP12.00)
Got the one in Brown/Black
Didn't bring too many mascaras with me except an almost-finishing mini-size Estee Lauder Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara.
And it came with GWP of a Boots No7 Eyeshadow Palette


GWP of the NEW Boots No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara




Gifts from Hubby
Dead Sea Source Bath Set



After reading so much raves on Soap & Glory, I finally got myself 2 travel-sized items to try out.
Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel and Flake Away Body Scrub.
GBP2.30 each.



My hair became dry like hay when I arrived here.
And I had forgotten to pack my usual regime of haircare from Malaysia. Actually not really forgotten but more like, I over-packed on other stuff, especially my Fall makeup and in the end, there wasn't much space left for my bottles of shampoo, etc etc.

Went into Boots and was overwhelmed by the variety of haircare.
But decided to get the L'Oreal Paris TR5 Shampoo and Conditioner since I am familiar with it, and Boots was giving out 50 Advantage Points for each L'Oreal TR5 item purchased. So I got 100 Boots Advantage Points with the purchase of the 2 items.
Each cost GBP3.59 (400ml size), quite comparable to the prices in Malaysia.

With one usage of the shampoo and conditioner, my hair went back to normal - soft and smooth as usual......been using them since.....




This is another little gift from Hubby

Imperial Leather Japanese Spa Shower Cream




I did a simple Fall EOTD/FOTD last week, but the traveling has wrecked havoc to my skin and my eye bags were at their all-time worst this year. Let's hope the skincare items that I started using since arriving here would give me some desirable results.

Plums and purples are back again this Fall
The products I used for the look were from my existing stash, digging out the plum and purple shades for Fall....

Eye: MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Designer Purple on the lash lines (thick lines);
MAC Vibrant Grape (Satin) eyeshadow from Style Warrior collection up to the crease

Cheeks: Stila Pomegranate Lip & Cheek Stain

Lips: Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Berry

Face: Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand;
Averine Loose Powder; Guerlain Meteorites



Have a good evening to my readers in Malaysia!

And to my readers from the rest of the world, have fun (depending on your time zone)! :D


Gotta prepare Princess for her play date soon...............

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah nice go holiday again...envy u kekekkee...>_<""

tutu j

TINGkabelle CHAN ♥ said...

welcome to the UK!! :)
and yes, gloomy weather =.= so wrap up warm :D

gio said...

Have fun in the UK! I wish I were there too.

The FOTD is simple but very pretty!

Blair said...

Plums look GREAT on you V!!! I'm so jealous, these warm colours tend to make me look bruised *sniff*

There's something about fall, I can't help but to love it =D Have fun in the UK sweetie and keep warm!!!

Vonvon said...

Tutu, don't envy la.....ajak your lou kong go holiday also....

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Tingkabelle.

Glad we have some sunshine this morning. :D

Vonvon said...

Thanks gio!

Vonvon said...

Thank you thank you Blair! :)

But you look good in purples too. Yep, wrapping up warmly everyday.