Thursday, October 21, 2010

EOTD Marathon, Vol. 3: Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trios - GD804 Opera & GR305 Jungle - Part 1

The last EOTD Marathon I did was in July before I went for my summer vacation with MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Soften The Mood.

And in September I did 2 rounds of EOTD Marathons with the beautiful Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Colors Trios....

Today I am going to show you the EOTD Marathon I did with 2 of the 4 palettes - GD804 Opera and GR305 Jungle. You can see the swatches and read my thoughts on these 2 palettes here.

And additional products besides the 2 palettes are Stila makeup brushes and some MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliners. (Photo below)





GD804 Opera



Eye Look #1
Golden Bronze

I decided to name each of the look I made this time for easier reference instead of just Look #1, etc etc. But my apologies for the not-so-creative names. ;)

- Apply Gold shade (middle shade on the palette) all over lid up to the crease;
- Bronze shade on the outer corner and blend inwards and into the crease;
- Dab some Gold lightly from the crease up to the brow (as highlight) so that there is slight contrast with the Gold applied on the lid;
- Using an eyeliner brush (in my case, Stila brush #4), apply Bronze to the lower lid;
- Line the upper eye lash line with MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Line and wing it up and continue onto the lower lash line;
- Finish off with Estee Lauder Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara.








Golden Bronze






Eye Look #2
Golden Sky

I don't remember why I had named this look Golden Sky. May be because it's the sky blue and golden hues around it.

- Start by applying Gold under the brow down to the crease and also dab on the inner corner;
- Apply Sky Blue from the inner corner to about 2/3 outwards;
- Bronze on the outer 1/3 to the crease;
- Apply Sky Blue to the lower lid;
- Use an eyeliner brush to apply Bronze to the upper lash line;
- Draw MAC Black Line on top of the Bronze lined on the upper lash line;
- Draw MAC Black Line on the lower waterline (almost washed out in the photos);
- Finish off with Estee Lauder Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara.






Golden Sky





Eye Look #3

Sand & Sky


This look reminds me of the golden sand against the blue sky, and is sort of inspired by the makeup on the model done by Dick Page (photo below, courtesy of Shiseido). But I omitted the Bronze at the outer corner and the crease for this soft look. After all, it's only inspiration from Dick Page's makeup. :)

- Start with Sky Blue from the brow bone down to the crease;
- Gold all over the lid to the crease and blend out any edges with Sky Blue;
- Apply Gold on the lower lid, making sure there is continuity with the Gold on the upper lid on both outer and inner corners;
- Line the upper lash line with Bronze to get a 'soft' line;
- Finish off with Estee Lauder Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara.











Sand & Sky



I think I will post the EOTDs for GR305 Jungle in a separate post - Part 2, as this post is already so picture-heavy. Besides, I have some mini tutorials for some of the EOTDs with Jungle. :)


Please let me know what you think of the EOTDs with Opera for now..........


6 comments:

gio said...

I love the first look, it's simple and pretty! The others are very pretty too.

Anonymous said...

Von, you used the shades so beautifully. My favourite is the first and second looks. You deserve it.

Lin

Jess said...

Wow, you actually created three different looks with the same palette?!

I always always apply the shades of my palettes the same way, so all my EOTD's are pretty much the same, haha...

you did a great job with the blending, Vonvon! I can't even decide which one I like the best... But if I had to pick one, it would be Golden Bronze! Love the two colors together, and the light smokey effect you created. Very pretty!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! Personally I like the Golden Bronze look too.

Initially, I started by staring at the palette...blank...no idea what to do... Then I thought of starting with the Gold and Bronze since they kind of match more easily. And after blending....bam! Love the unexpected result. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Lin! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you so much for the compliments, Jess. :)

Yes, I like experimenting with colors. Golden Bronze is my favorite too. Like I replied to gio, it was kind of unexpected. ;)