Thursday, October 21, 2010

EOTD Marathon, Vol. 3: Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trios - GD804 Opera & GR305 Jungle - Part 2

This morning, I had shown you the EOTDs from GD804 Opera, and I decided, again, to publish the post in 2 parts, as not to burden your Internet connection, especially in Malaysia with so poor Internet connection.

I played with the Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in GR305 Jungle at the same afternoon as I played with Opera. Hence, the Marathon. If not, how can I call it an EOTD Marathon, right? ;)

While playing with Jungle, I did snapped some photos of the process, so some EOTDs will be accompanied by mini-tutorial photos.



GR305 Jungle



Eye Look #1
Sheer Green



Decided to name this Sheer Green because of the sheer look on the lids with a bit of Olive Green on the lid for some contrast.

- Start by applying Silver Green (the shade on right of the palette, sometimes it looks like an Aqua shade depending in lighting) on the area below the brow, but only on the outer 2/3;
- Apply Green (the shade in the middle of the palette) on the inner 1/3 of the area below the brow and 'drag' the brush with the remaining color on the brush all the way to the inner corner of the eye;
- That leaves the lid area bare. Apply Olive Green on the lid and blend;
- Line the lower lid and waterline with Olive Green, and somehow it appeared gold-ish on the waterline.
I didn't apply mascara for this look.





Eye Look #2
Monochromatic



The above photos are the unblended shadows.

- Divide the lid area into 3 parts: inner, middle and outer 1/3;
- Apply Silver Green on the inner 1/3;
- Apply Green to the middle 1/3;
- Apply Olive Green to the outer 1/3.
The result was as in the photos above.


After blending........
- Line the upper and lower lash line with MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Undercurrent. Winged the liner upwards at the corner on the upper lash line;
- Estee Lauder Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

I think I over-blended the 3 shades, and each individual color became very light and sheer. But you can still see different tones of green slightly, hence 'Monochromatic'.






Monochromatic




Eye Look #3
Double-Winged Green


Step 1: Apply Silver Green on the lid. There is some leftover of Undercurrent Pearlglide Liner from the previous look. And note that Silver Green appears slightly Aqua in the photo.


Step 2: Apply Olive Green on the area below the brow, but leave the crease 'bare'.


Step 3: Apply Green on the 'bare area' on the crease and blend them. (The 2 yellow lines denote the area where I applied the Green shade.)



- Line the upper lash line with MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Undercurrent and winged it upward;
- Line the lower lash line with Undercurrent and winged it downward, hence creating the double-winged liner look.
I got this idea to create the double-winged liner look from Witoxicity in one of her EOTDs. I finally did it. :)







Double-Winged Green
The Double-winged Liner Look



What do you think of the EOTDs with Jungle?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Von, the greens look so beautiful on you. I like the double wing but perhaps you want to use a darker color for it. It looked quite light in the photos.

Lin

MyMakeUpMania said...

lovely double winged eyeliner. looks very pretty!

Marina(Makeup4all) said...

I MUST get one of these shadows, not sure about the colour thought :)

Vonvon said...

Hi Lin,

Thank you. OK, for the next time, I will do something about it. The liner is actually pretty intense color.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Nastia!

Vonvon said...

Marina, da, ty musysh! Mozhe Opera? :)

I think the bronze and gold shades in the Opera palette would look very nice on your eyes. Just a suggestion.

Witoxicity said...

Wow, that must have been some marathon! :D Those are such lovely soothing greens. I love what you did with the double winging! Very nice indeed. Btw, you said you didn't use mascara in the first look. Your natural lashes are so long! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you for giving me the idea on double-winging, Witoxicity. :)

Yes, I didn't use mascara, but there were some remnants left from the earlier EOTDs with Opera palette. I have to say that after using the L'oreal Lash Renewal Serum (everyday initially, but now just got lazier), I did notice my lashes appear longer. I guess it does work but takes a long time....