Monday, October 11, 2010

EOTD/FOTD: Pink Look With NYX Strawberry Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil, Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 & MUFE Fascinating Lip Gloss #16

Yesterday, I posted a Pink post in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and also a pink dedication to someone dear in my life who has just been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer. I thank my readers who have left their comments and well-wishes and also those who have emailed me personally. I just want to clarify that the person is not my Mom, but my aunt. I didn't mention in the earlier post for privacy reasons.

It's rather late in Malaysia now, but it's about tea time here and I just sent Princess to a play date, hence the little ME time to update my blog.

It's been quite a while since I posted any EOTD/FOTD though I do have quite a number of them accumulated. So today it's about the Pink Look I posted yesterday.


Eye Of The Day


- Define the brow with Stila Automatic Eye Definer in Coffee;
-Apply with finger Dior Eyeshow Eyeshadow in 002 White Light Disco all over the lid up to the brow;
-Draw NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil #605 Strawberry Milk on the lid up to the crease (it does crease a little) and blend out any harsh edge with the Dior cream shadow;
-Line the upper lash line with my new MAC Super Slick Liquid Eye Liner in Smoky Heir (a dark purple shade);
-Line the lower lash line with MAC Pearlglide Intense Liner in Designer Purple;
-Finish off with Estee Lauder Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara.



Face Of The Day
Face: MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage
Guerlain Meteorites

Cheeks: Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5

Lips: Make Up For Ever Fascinating Lip Gloss #16



Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5


Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 on my cheeks
A peachy pink shade with very fine gold shimmer
It looks quite natural on me, giving just the right hint of glow.
So glad I picked it up at Sephora, as it wasn't available in Malaysia this summer. I am not sure if it's already available at MUFE counter in Malaysia now.

I needed some practice to blend it in with my fingers (and this is my 1st attempt at using it). :D May be mine was new, and I tried using a foundation brush to pick up some of the cream blush but my brush couldn't pick it up.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream #5 and swatch




Make Up For Ever Fascinating Lip Gloss #16


Lips Of The Day


Make Up For Ever Fascinating Lip Gloss #16 on my lips
and swatch (see below)


I got this little sample of Make Up For Ever Fascinating Lip Gloss #16 at one of their workshops I attended in July. The Aqua Cream and this lipgloss are the firsts of my Make Up For Ever products.

The lip gloss is a shimmery peach which matches Aqua Cream #5 very well. It has the consistency similar to many lipgloss, not too thick, and on the lips, it's not sticky. It imparts a glossy natural shade to my lips. It does have a slight berry-like scent which doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like it! Yummy! But it doesn't have any taste.


This look was done with mostly new products which I have acquired recently, like the NYX and Make Up For Ever (MUFE).


So how is it?
Was my 1st attempt at using these new products good?
Any suggestion for improvement?


6 comments:

gio said...

This is a beautiful look!

I'm sorry to hear your aunt has breast cancer, I hope she will get well very soon.

Anonymous said...

Von, the pink and purple combination is very nice. and can you pls show the Dior Eyeshow, how does it look like? Thanx!

Jess said...

Wow, the Aqua Cream 05 looks so pretty and cute on you, Vonvon! I have not managed to blend it properly yet though. :/

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio.

Vonvon said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you. Are you the same one who asked to see the Anna Sui Mini Rouge...just curious.

OK, I shall oblige. Will take photos of the Dior Eyeshow soon.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Jess! Well, it didn't turn out the first time for me either. I had to wipe it off, reapplied some powder, then got it just right the 2nd time, as you see in the photo.

Don't give up, Jess. Practice, and I am sure you will be able to do it well in no time. :)