Friday, October 29, 2010

My Tartan Tale Wish List

Yesterday was the official launch date of MAC A Tartan Tale Holiday Colour Collection (Chapter 1) in the US. And we will probably get it in Malaysia by next week.

Anyways, I was looking at the US MAC website, and drooling over some of the items... needless to guess, Vonvon is drooling over the eyeshadows, of course!

The beautiful Tartan Tale Eyeshadows..... despite the hoo-ha on the shadows and that the tartan striping actually not going all the way through (here), I am loving them...ALL!!! Saw the swatches on Temptalia, and yes, they swatched with moderate pigmentation, but the colors are simply beautiful. In fact, I'd prefer my eyeshadow shades to be like that more than being intensely pigmented. That said, I also like pigmented eyeshadows. It really depends...of course, these are all subjective.

Just some eye candies....am really tired from a whole afternoon out for retail therapy with my girlfriend and also our mommies' day out! :D

The following photos are from US MAC website. (Here)


Golden Crown


A Wish Come True


Follow Your Fantasy


Enviably Fun


Semi-Precious


Glamora Castle



And 2 of the 4 eyeshadow palettes....
This year, each palette comes with a small eyeshadow brush, unlike previous years.


6 Twists of Tartan Eyeshadows
I think it's obvious why Vonvon likes this palette, because of the multi-colors, though most of the shades are of Frost, Satin and Matte finishes. Vonvon's favorite is Veluxe Pearl finish. :)



6 Reelers & Rockers Eyeshadows
This palette has 4 Veluxe Pearl finish eyeshadows! Wow! And the shades are very classic which can be used not only throughout the holiday season but for any occasion during any season.




It's Friday! Any plan for the weekend? Trick or treat, anyone? ;)

10 comments:

sharon said...

Oh mine! Those are just delicious! I'm also an 'eye' person and Mac are one of the best out there. Thanks for this post...can't wait till they come to Malaysia (will have to save up for this one).

MyMakeUpMania said...

omg! design of their new e/s is so unique :P

gio said...

I was so excited about these and then I saw the swatches and I was so disappointed. I was hoping they'd be very pigmented but they are quite sheer instead. I know lots of people will appreciate them as they are more easily wearable this way, but you know me, I like my shadows bold and bright! The tartan pattern though is gorgeous, I'm tempted to get one anyway just for that.

Vonvon said...

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for dropping by and the comment.

You are welcome. They are very pretty, aren't they? Yes, need to save up a lot for them...gonna broke after that.

Vonvon said...

Nastia, yes, they are. :D

Vonvon said...

I totally understand how you feel, gio. If they are more pigmented, that would be an added bonus. But I just love how pretty and sweet the colors are (as seen from Temptalia's swatches).

Now I can't wait to see them in person!

fieran said...

Ahh you're a Veluxe Pearl lover? I love Frost :) I'm planning to get a few of these despite the slight lack of pigmentation. Figured I'll use a nice creamy base and layer it.

Vonvon said...

Yes, Fieran. Basically I like shadows which have good color pay-off. Some MAC Frost shadows are very pretty too. :)

Jess said...

I can't wait the Tartan Tale Collection to be available at MAC counters here in Austria too!

I think, I'll be getting the Cut A Caper Lipstick and My Highland Honey Blush for sure! Such pretty shades!

Vonvon said...

Jess, I want all the Tartan eyeshadows and Reelers & Rockers and Twists of Tartan eyeshadow palettes. And that is enough to make me broke...;)