Thursday, November 18, 2010

EOTD/FOTD: Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in OR302 Fire

This look was done quite a while ago, and I finally edited the photos.

Huh! I think editing photos is one of the most tedious parts of blogging. Creating a look is easy, well, not always, sometimes, I still need to let my creativity wander a bit.... photographing them, no problem. Then, the editing part, well, I don't mean Photoshopping them, OK? As I have mentioned from the very beginning many many moons ago, that I don't know how to Photoshop, neither do I have that program in my netbook! It's just the plain old Paint program I am using....LOL!



Shisiedo Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio
OR302 Fire





Eye Of The Day
1 - Define brow with Stila Automatic Brow Definer in Coffee;
2 - Apply the Silvery White shade from the palette under the brow area all the way into the inner corner of the eye;
3 - Apply Orange on the inner 2/3 of the lid;
4 - Apply the Grayish Black shade on the outer 1/3 of the lid and blend;
5 - Using an eyeliner brush, apply Silvery White shade on the lower waterline and lower lash line;
6 - Line the upper lash line with Silkygirl Funky Eyelights Pencil in 07 Solid Gold but since it didn't provide any contrast as I'd thought, I added the Grayish Black shadow on top of the gold liner, giving a slightly golden black liner effect;
7 - Finish off with Estee Lauder Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara to the upper and lower lashes.












Face Of The Day
Face: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer;
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Beige;
Guerlain Meteorites

Cheeks: MAC Thrills lipstick as blush
(Yes, I swiped the lipstick on my finger and dabbed and blended it onto my cheeks, as I had forgotten to bring a blush with me that day. I was in a rush to go for a meeting and did this look after dropping off Princess at my parents'.)

Lips: MAC Thrills lipstick












Have a good day!
It's almost the weekend again.....

12 comments:

Mary said...

Nice colors! those are colors that pop! Love the FOTD!

MyMakeUpMania said...

awe! very interesting combination of peach and silver! nice make-up!

gio said...

That's a beautiful and interesting combo, love it!

And I agree with you, editing photos is boring! lol.

Jess said...

Yesss, I totally agree that editing the pictures is the most time-consuming part of blogging ever!

I always have to crop and watermark my pics before posting, so that's always looots of work for me. Thus it always takes me super long to get a post ready, haha...

The colors of this palette turned out really pretty and vibrant - especially the peachy orange shade, which I think looks awesome!

I think, one reason why the Luminizing Eye Color Trio palettes don't really manage to catch my attention is because the design of the palette is not really super pretty when compared to other brands. But the colors look really nice though!

Anonymous said...

Von, give you any palette also you can make it look so nice. I think your makeup is improving alot.

Lin

Witoxicity said...

Very nice look. I like the coral lip colour. It matches the eyes perfectly. :)

Vonvon said...

Hi Mary,

Thank you for dropping by and commenting.

Glad you like the FOTD. That was my first time playing with an orange shade.

Vonvon said...

Spasybo, Nastia! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! :)

Everything is fun about blogging until you have to sit down and go through the many photos you snapped, choose them and then crop them....really tedious! ;)

Vonvon said...

Jess, same here.... it's not difficult to come up with a review, and any post....but editing photos delays us from publishing, right?

Yes, it's the orange shade that attracts me to the palette! :D

I guess sometimes, we just need to look at the quality of the product(s), and close one eye to the packaging, eh? ;)

Vonvon said...

Hi Lin,

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Witoxicity. And the same lipstick was used as a blush too. Complete coral look. ;)