Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Tartan Tale-Inspired Look

Here is the EOTD/FOTD inspired by MAC A Tartan Tale collection model. The look I wore to the launch of the collection last week.




Products used
1 - MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base
2 - Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand
3 - Guerlain Meteorites 01 Mythic
4 - YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter
5 - Stila Pomegranate Crush Lip & Cheek Stain
6 - Clinique Enchanted Bronze blush
7 - Stila Automatic Brow Definer in Coffee
8 - Boots No.7 Exceptional Definition Mascara
9 - Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Rose Quartz
10 - MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Undercurrent (available in Tartan Tale Collection, but mine was from MAC Art Supplies)
11 - MAC Shadestick in Nurture (from last winter collection, Warm & Cozy)
12 - MAC Eyeshadow in Sweet & Punchy (Veluxe Pearl) from MAC To The Beach
13 - MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Gilt By Association (from Style Black collection)
14 - Korres Sunflower Shimmering Eyeshadow in 24S Gold
15 - Fragrance MAC Creations: Pink Aura




Eye Of The Day

1 - Define brow with Stila Automatic Brow Definer in Coffee;
2 - Apply MAC Shadestick in Nurture all over the lid as a base, all the way up to the brow. Blend slightly with finger to even out the color;
3 - Apply MAC Sweet & Punchy eyeshadow with a brush on the whole lid up to crease;
4 - Apply MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow Gilt By Association on the outer 1/3 of the lid and into the crease, blend;
5 - Dab Korres Sunflower Shimmering Eyeshadow in 24S Gold on the area below the brow and blend;
6 - Dab the same Korres eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eye and blend so that it highlights the inner 'V';
7 - Line the upper lash line with MAC Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner in Undercurrent and wing slightly at the end;
8 - Line the lower waterline with Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Rose Quartz;
9 - Dab MAC Gilt By Association on the lower lid;
10 - Apply 2 coats of Boots No.7 Exceptional Definition Mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

DONE!








Face Of The Day
Face: MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base
Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand
Guerlain Meteorites 01 Mythic (to set the foundation and as an all-over powder)
YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter

Cheeks: Stila Pomegranate Crush Lip & Cheek Stain as a base
Clinique Enchanted Bronze blush on top of the stain, and also to contour (below the cheekbones, on the lateral sides of the neck near the mandibular angle)
So, it's not a red blush that I used. I was cracking my head and rummaging through my stash for a suitable blush that matched the blush used on the model but couldn't find one. So, Vonvon IMPROVISED! :D

Lips: MAC Viva Glam Cyndi lipstick








This look I did received many compliments from MAC Artists (including Senior Artists) and friends at the launch. Many were skeptical at first that I did this all by myself.
But the fact is, I did! :D




Outfit Of the Day/Night

Dress: The MOD House
Shoes: U.R.S. & inc.
And I used MAC Pink Aura fragrance that night.



So here you are, a rather elaborate look which I did for an event and sharing on my outfit of the day. What do you think of such posts?


16 comments:

Joyce said...

HI
nice reading your blog and I like ur EOTD that you wore to the launch
:)

Sara.H said...

The colors are so vibrant! loving it! ^_^ Overall you look beautiful :)

lavender said...

Love this eye makeup look. Very elegant!

Vonvon said...

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for dropping by and the comment.

Glad you like the look I did. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you for the compliments and kind words, Sara. :)

gingerSnap said...

Nice look:)will try this. I keep on reading your reviews.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Lavender. I am exploring and trying new makeup looks. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gingerSnap! Please do try it, am looking forward to seeing it. Do let me know how it goes.

Thank you for reading my reviews. :)

gio said...

You look gorgeous! The makeup is colorful yet elegant and the dress beautiful.

ZhengNorahs said...

Gorgeous! I also tried their eye makeup at KLCC last Saturday but i didn purchase. I am saving up for my EL Coach set! :)

slowbrogal said...

Nice one dear!! I saw ur red bag!! :p

Tammy said...

That green shadow is the hotness! Love the look!

Vonvon said...

Thank you so much for the compliments, gio. You are too kind. :)

Vonvon said...

Thanks, Norahs. How did you like the Tartan Tale collection?

Vonvon said...

Thanks, Cynthia. You were at KLCC that night too?

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Tammy! That green is Sweet & Punchy, love that shade!