Monday, December 6, 2010

Vonvon's Thoughts On Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & Photo Damage Corrector

Good morning, my dear readers!

This is a rather long overdue post, as I have started using the Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & Photo Damage Corrector in September and finished the whole bottle of serum within a period of about 2 months (while in the UK). And since this serum has been reviewed in this blog of mine, I shan't be doing a review today, but to share my thoughts on it.



Well, just a recap, this serum is a de-aging three-in-one serum uniquely formulated to work day and night to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, visibly repair photo damage and strengthen skin to accelerate regeneration.

Photo damage is still one of the leading causes of accelerated aging. Harmful rays penetrate deeply into skin causing direct damage to cellular DNA and distortions in the skin’s regeneration process, and indirect damage from the release of free radicals. The visible results of sun damage include: breakdown of collagen, uneven skin texture and the early appearance of lines and wrinkles, the "solar scars” that are the noticeable proof of collagen loss from extended photo exposure.

*Italicized text from Press Release


So, the main target of this serum is the first fine lines and wrinkles. Well, then, why would Vonvon need it? First of all, I am very grateful that all these signs of aging has not visited me yet, but I know that at my age now, they will soon make some quiet visits though unnoticed to the naked eyes initially, and indeed I do have some early aging concerns, mainly in the form of loss of firmness (which in time, would lead to lines and wrinkles). It's not too bad yet, but the early signs are there.

I have the before and after shots below but please note that both photos were taken under different conditions - different lighting, in different countries, with and without makeup. But all I want to stress is that the outline of my face has been 'sharpened' with the firmer and tauter skin on my cheeks after using the serum.

I used the serum twice a day, morning and night, after toner, before moisturizer. Each time, I used 3 drops as instructed, on my face and the remainder, onto my neck.

I spread the serum out between my palms and applied it to my cheek areas first, from the jawline upwards to my cheekbones in firm motion. Then, I applied to my forehead, nose, chin and neck. In the neck area, I also applied in an upward motion. All these upward motions of application, is of course, some form of massage 'to pull' our skin up for firming purpose.

The initial change that I noticed after a few days of usage was the improvement in the clarity of my skin. Then slowly, within about 3 weeks, I began to feel my skin especially around my cheeks becoming tauter, as in less 'pull' was needed when I applied the serum to my face.


Before(left) and after(right) using Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & Photo Damage Corrector

Please enlarge the photo to have a clearer view.
The red lines drawn along my lower jawline, near my chin, show the slight change to the outline of my face.
The before photo shows a less defined jawline, while the after photo shows more defined jawline.

Please note that these photos were taken in different conditions and in different lighting.



This serum retails at all Clinique counter nationwide for RM200(30ml).




P.s. And to add a little icing to the cake, when I came back from the UK, a friend of mine who is in the beauty line, actually, asked if I had done a face lift! Wow! A face lift? And this coming from an expert in beauty and facial? That shows a lot on how this serum has worked for me, doesn't it? :D



8 comments:

Charming Vanity said...

This seems like a really really interesting product! =D Thanks for sharing the pictures...i'm itching to get it though i'm not sure whether at my age i should start doing some prevention measures..

Sherry said...

I eat fast food lately many pimples pop up and pain, if no squeeze it become dark spots. Terrible... do you go facial?

Vonvon said...

I think it is, Charming Vanity. it's supposed to have the effect of a laser treatment without having to actually go for one.

Anti-aging measures can be started from mid-20's onward.

Vonvon said...

Sherry, no no to fast food, dear. ;) Have you tried anything for your pimple?

I hardly go for facial nowadays. Just do extra masks at home.

Krystal Leigh said...

Thanks for the review, I've been wanting to check this out for some time now.
MissySassyPants.blogspot.com

Vonvon said...

You are welcome, Krystal Leigh.

Joann said...

Hi Vonvon!

Do u prefer this clinique serum or the dior one essential one? i'm deciding on purchasing between these two. Do u think they work similarly?

Thanks!

Vonvon said...

Hi Joann,

Sorry for the late reply. They both work differently. The Dior One Essential works to detox the skin, so that it can better absorb other skincare products. While this Clinique one works on reversing the photo damage in this case, the lines.

As for my personal preference, I would go for Clinique as it works for me, and the price is only RM200 for 30ml. Dior's is RM360 for 30ml.