Sunday, January 30, 2011

EOTD/FOTD: MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Eyeshadow in Mating Call, MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre, et al.

After writing the quick review for MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Eyeshadow in Mating Call yesterday, I couldn't contain my curiosity on how the eyeshadow would work on my lids, and used it right away for the following EOTD. There is no step-by-step for the EOTD this time, as I used the monochromatic technique of application. Yes, just Mating Call alone on my lids, and blended lightly upward to the brow as 'highlight'. And thank God, the eyeshadow, applied on my lids, definitely looked so much better, with better color pay-off, and more intense shade than in the swatches I made. I don't know what 'fluke' happened with my swatches that day. ;)

I applied the eyeshadow with a brush, and the color glided on my lids smoothly, spread easily, and I could build up the intensity of the shade gradually. And I could even sheer out the shade from the crease up to the brow, for a monochromatic effect. After more than 6 hours of wear, there was no creasing but I noticed a slight fading. That was without any eye primer/base.

Well, I don't usually wear an eye base anyways. That's why I always like MAC Veluxe Pearl eyeshadows as their colors have good pigmentation and pay-off, don't crease and don't fade on my lids! But I digress....



Eye Of The Day



1 - Define the brow with Dodo Cosmetics Tip Brow 03;
2 - Using the short end of Stila brush #30, apply MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Eyeshadow in Mating Call on the entire lid;
3 - Sweep the remaining color on the brush upward all the way to the brow (you will see a gradation of the lavender tone);
4 - Line the upper lash line with MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Smoky Heir;
5 - Finish off with
Maybelline Magnum Volum'Express Super Film Mascara to the upper lashes.




Products Used

Top row, L to R: MAC Mating Call, MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre, MAC By Candlelight MSF;
MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Smoky Heir;
Maybelline
Magnum Volum'Express Super Film Mascara;
Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick #19 Orchid Light.



Face Of The Day



Face: Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand
MAC By Candlelight Mineralize Skinfinish as an all-over face powder and highlight

Cheeks: MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombre (the purple part)

Lips: Estee Lauder Signature Lipstick #19 Orchid Light










I am glad that in the end, Mating Call turned out to be a pretty shade on my lids, but still with moderate pigmentation. I am sure the color could be intensified with the use of an eye base. Somehow, it still fell short of my expectation of the Mega Metal eyeshadows. I had expected it to be super-pigmented whereby one swipe would give an intense color with good color pay-off. Well, I can't say for all the Mega Metal eyeshadows, as I have tried only Mating Call at the time of writing.

I am definitely looking forward to trying out other shades. Now, when will I have the time to visit the MAC counter here??? Hopefully, my sis has gotten the shades I reserved for me. ;)



So, tell me, how's your Chinese New Year preparation coming along?

Finished shopping for everything?

Have a nice day and happy shopping!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

may i know how much is the peacocky e/s cost? and the kissable lipcolor? thx

carol

Vonvon said...

Hi Carol,

In Malaysia, both the Peacocky e/s and Kissable Lipcolour cost RM80 each.

In the US, it's USD19.50 for the e/s and USD18 for the Lipcolour.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, this was indeed beneficial to me personally. I'm a newer blogger. Thank you a lot!

gio said...

Very pretty! :)

fieran said...

Hi Vonvon,

This looks pretty. I'm still trying to resist the Peacocky collection {Paparazz-she, Dandizette, Odalisque and Sex-pectations} as I have so much eyeshadow :) I'm worried I'll be guilty if I bought more.

Just a tip: if you want the colour to look darker or richer, you could use a paint pot as a base - maybe something like Painterly or Soft Ocher.

Vonvon said...

Glad it's of help to you, Anonymous! So what's your blog URL?

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio!

Vonvon said...

Hi Fieran,

Good to hear from you. :) Tell me about it.... those in your list were in mine too. ;) But managed to cut down to only Odalisque.

Yea, thanks about the Paint Pot tip. I still haven't gotten either one, though I have planned to do so for a long time. ;) Must get it one of these days....