Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Vonvon's Interests!

Today is Vonvon's Interests 2nd blog anniversary!

How time flies! Yes, it was 2 years ago today that I wrote the first post for this blog, as a hobby, and this 'baby' of mine has definitely grown. :)

I haven't really planned what to do for the blogoversary (a term which has been quite widely used to call blog anniversary). A Giveaway would be too soon, as I just had 2 Giveaways last month. And I am tied down with lots of stuffs lately. Do you have any suggestion?

So for today, with my limited artistic ability and skills ;), I have put together a new blog header - a SYMBOLIC collage of photos of my many interests........



Beauty - represented by the pictures of eyeshadows, palettes, collection, nail polishes, some swatches and my red lips; and fashion

Makeup and making up - represented by the red lips

Skincare - represented by a strip of part of some skincare products photo

Shopping - represented by Sephora and my Beauty Insider card

Traveling - represented by the picturesque Oia in Santorini, Greece

Music and the arts - represented by the music scores of Chopin's Nocturne and Waltz and the song books of The Phantom Of The Opera and Les Miserables

Food - represented by a small picture of Sticky sweets, not only do I like good and yummy food, I like all things sweet! :P

Medicine - not represented in the banner, as I can't find a place to put in a picture of Siemens Magnetom Avanto MRI machine. ;)


Well, this header is to represent my blog symbolically, as a whole, which actually was started for me to write and share with you, all my interests. Of course, I blog mainly on beauty, skincare and makeup. But occasionally, I do write on other topics as well. So, I have decided to pick out random pictures from my photo folders to make this collage - my own piece of art, if you can call it an art. ;)

I have been advised by some well-meaning and supportive friends to seek the consultation and service of a professional web designer, but I thought, doing it by myself, with my limited techie knowledge and partially-acquired artistry, would be nice, as it's my own work and effort. Perhaps, one day, when Vonvon's Interests becomes more established, I will engage the help of professionals. Right now, even though it's been 2 years, and not only 2 months, I feel it is sufficed that I do the work for my blog all by myself! *applause for Vonvon :D

And I want to thank all of you, my beautiful beloved readers who have been ever so supportive of
me and my blog.


Hugs and kisses,

Vonvon


18 comments:

Charming Vanity said...

Happy 2 years anniversary! Congratulations that ur site is definitely growing...I can't wait to read more posts from you.

xx

angel said...

Congrats on the 2nd blog anniversary! =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!! Your blog has always been such an inspiration to me. Keep up the great job!

rakhshanda said...

congrats dear...you have done well.

makeupjelena said...

Happy 2nd birthday! :-)

gio said...

Happy 2nd blog anniversary! Here's to many more! Keep up the great work!

Rae // theNotice said...

Happy Blogiversary, lovely! x

mrsdjones said...

Happy 2nd anniversary to Vonvon's Interests! ;) Cheers for many good posts to come

Witoxicity said...

Congratulations, Vonvon! I hope Vonvon's Interests will grown from strength to strength! Frankly, I think you should have included that Siemens MRI machine in the collage. :D

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Charming Vanity! :) More posts coming soon for sure, after Chinese New Year. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Angel! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Anonymous!

Vonvon said...

Thank you for your support, Rakhshanda. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Jelena! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you so much, gio, for your support all this while! *hugs

Vonvon said...

Thanks, Rae! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Mrsdjones! Yes, more to come! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Witoxicity! OK, I will try to design a new collage banner and add in the picture of the MRI machine... :)