Saturday, January 29, 2011

Swatches & Quick Review Of MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Eyeshadow in MATING CALL


I have only this eyeshadow (above) out of the 15 new Peacocky Mega Metal eyeshadows from MAC's latest Peacocky collection, for now. Again, where I am now, the nearest MAC to me is about 22 miles away. So I have instructed my sis to liaise with my dear Stephen, the MAC SA, to get a whole long list of the Mega Metal eyeshadows I want. ;) Initially, my list was long, a whopping 9 from the 15.....but I managed to cut it down to only 3, for now, with Mating Call in my hand now, only waiting for another 2 - Dalliance and Odalisque! Thanks to Temptalia and her dupe list, I found some dupes for certain shades that I had planned to get. I have Melon Pigment, which is similar to Tweet Me, Urban Decay Goddess which is similar to Dandizette..... and a few more, which I couldn't recall at the moment.


So, back to Mating Call.....

At first impression, yes, it's Vonvon's kind of color, cool-toned lavender. And it has been said that Lavender and Honeysuckle are the hottest shades for Spring 2011. So, Mating Call would be a great addition to my makeup for Spring, right?

But till I swatched it a few days ago, *sigh.... somehow it swatched quite a light shade with just moderate color pay-off I'd say. When I first saw the swatch of Mating Call on Temptalia, I was really excited but for me, after several swipes, the shade showed up on my fingertips but not on my skin. (You can see some of the swatches I made below). While the texture feels smooth, I find it a bit hard.

Well, that was my initial encounter with Mating Call. I haven't really played with it and apply it to my lids yet.... Perhaps, the brand new eyeshadow needs a little more attention and some tender loving care to show its 'prowess' as have been raved about.....

Full review and EOTD will follow.......


MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Eyeshadow - Mating Call
(indoor under white light)

Please click to enlarge the photo to see the silver sheen in the middle in the eyeshadow



Mega Metal eyeshadow has similar packaging size to the Tartan eyeshadow, but Mega Metal has 2.2grams (like the Mineralize eyeshadows), while the Tartan eyeshadow has 3grams.



Swatches of Mating Call (under yellow light)
Top swatch: Swiped 3 times
Middle swatch: Swiped once
Bottom swatch: Swiped several times






MAC Peacocky Mega Metal Eyeshadow - Mating Call
(under daylight but on a cloudy day)



Swatches of Mating Call (under daylight but on a cloudy day)
Top swatch: Swiped 3 times
Middle swatch: Swiped once
Bottom swatch: Swiped several times


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for a fantastic post that helped me to in the process, I'm thankful for all of the labor in looking into along with scripting this article

Vonvon said...

You are most welcome, Anonymous! Thanks for dropping by, and the comment. :)

Ruby said...

Hey. Thank you so much for this post. Much appreciated. Im new into make-up so posts like this really helps.

By the way, if you do not mind, may i know the price of this shadow ?

Vonvon said...

Hi Ruby,

Thank you for dropping by and the comment.

The eyeshadow is RM80 each.