Monday, February 7, 2011

1st Post In The Year Of The Rabbit - Random Photos From CNY Celebration

Hello, everyone! How have you been? It's been almost a week, and as has been promised, I'll be back today. Well, I had to say that celebrating Chinese New Year away from home is definitely not the same with back home in my dear old Malaysia. Not that this is my first time celebrating away from home. Anyways, the first day of the Lunar New Year falls on a working and school day here. So there wasn't much celebration. But last Saturday we had an Open House for our friends here.... and it just changed everything! Suddenly the festivity feel was in the air, and it really felt like CNY. And to make it more special, our guests could make up parts of the United Nations! With friends from Malaysia (of course!), China, Singapore, Canada, USA, Turkey, Italy and Australia, it's like the G8! ;) OK, not exactly the member countries of the G8. :P Almost always, CNY in Malaysia was celebrated with family and friends.


Coincidentally, Hubby found this 1kg Gold Bunny Milk Chocolate from Lindt at the supermarket.
What a perfect complement to the Year of the Rabbit! And it came with a red bow tied to the neck too, with a little bell. :)


Also, just in case you are wondering why suddenly I am writing about the UN, well, 'cos Princess learned about it from one of her Little Einsteins episodes, and I have been almost driven up the wall by her constant.... "Mummy, United Nations is in New York City. And what is United Nations, Mummy? Why are there so many flags when the Little Einsteins go to United Nations, bla bla bla bla....." There you go..... so, to 'illustrate' the 'concept' of United Nations to her, I took the examples from her friends and hubby's and my friends.

Here are some random photos from our CNY celebration...... I have chosen photos of myself and Princess and not our UN guests as I haven't told them that I would be publishing their piccies on the Net.... ;P


A whole carton of different Jelly Belly, gift from Princess' uncle to her.


Princess and her 50-flavor pack of Jelly Belly


Hubby caught me on camera at the right moment, while I was preparing CNY dinner on New Year's Day! ;) 'cos almost always, when I am cooking, there is no smile on my face! Yes, because I don't like to cook! But I have to cook for my family. :P
(if you are wondering, yes, I did put on some weight lately, again... :( it must be the cold!)



Princess' favourite thing to do.....separating the pomelo into pieces for the yee sang.


Our first yee sang for the New Year
Well, normally, the pomelo would be separated to small bits, but since Hubby loves pomelo so much, I told Princess to separate it into bigger chunks instead. And topped up with Scottish smoked salmon! Yummy!




Time to loh sang (toss and mix the yee sang) during the Open House Hubby and I organized for our friends last Saturday, led by Princess and her friends from the 'United Nations' :D


If you are wondering about my looks for CNY, well, I did mainly neutral looks this time, quick and easy, as I just didn't have the time to do a full face of makeup.
Coming up next! :D
Some sneak peek of the looks on my Facebook page.

6 comments:

rakhshanda said...

I have heard a lot about the rabbit year but don't know why it is celebrated. very interesting post.

gio said...

The pictures are lovely! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! :)

Just JuLi said...

OMG! 50-flavor pack of Jelly Belly!!!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Rakhshanda! :)

Vonvon said...

Thanks, gio! Yes, it was really fun. :)

Vonvon said...

Yea, Juli. I had the same reaction when I opened the package and saw them. ;)