Tuesday, February 8, 2011

EOTD/FOTD: CNY Eve Look - Neutral Yellow

This is the look I did on CNY eve. I just stick to neutrals as it's easy and quick to do. But I used yellow (MAC Bright Future eyeshadow, Veluxe Pearl finish, from Style Warrior collection, May 2009) on my lids, just because! ;)

I didn't feel like using red eyeshadow so I figured using yellow and some gold for the eyes would be good for a CNY EOTD too.


CNY Eve Look




Products used

Maybelline Magnum Super Film Mascara
MAC Kissable Lipcolour from Peacocky, February 2011 - Love Peck
Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Tigers Eye
The Body Shop Roseflower blush
Estee Lauder Sand Pearl Shimmer Eyeshadow
MAC Bright Future eyeshadow (yellow)
Stila Kitten eyeshadow
MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Pure Show

Not in the photo: Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand, MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder from MAC Liberty of London, April 2010.



Eye Of The Day


1 - Define the brow with Dodo Tip Brow 03;
2 - Apply Estee Lauder Sand Pearl Shimmer Eyeshadow all over the lid as a base;
3 - Apply MAC Bright Future on the lid;
4 - Apply Stila Kitten eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye, crease and also as highlight, blend;
5 - Dab Stila Kitten eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eye;
6 - Line the upper lash line with Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Tigers Eye;
7 - Since Kajal is kohl and will smudge, instead of using a powder eyeshadow of similar shade to set it, I used MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner in Pure Show (golden yellow shade) on top of the Kajal Eye Liner. By doing this, it didn't only set the Kajal but also impart a golden tone to the brown color, making it appear golden brown;
8 - Apply Stila Kitten eyeshadow lightly to the lower lid;
9 - Finish off with Maybelline Magnum Super Film (in these EOTD photos, mascara was not applied yet.)








Face Of The Day





Face: Juice Beauty Perfecting Foundation in Organic Sand;
MAC Shell Pearl Beauty Powder

Cheeks: The Body Shop Malaysia Roseflower Blush

Lips: MAC Kissable Lipcolour from Peacocky Collection - Love Peck (it appeared brown in the tube, but it's actually a deep and rich berry shade)..... More on MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolour later.





Sorry that I am back to my old-style of presenting EOTD/FOTD, without the step-by-step photos. But when I was doing this, well, let's just say that these days, I have tonnes of things that need to be attended to first before doing things for myself and ME. OK, not gonna rant today.... it's still New Year! :D
Lunar New Year or Chinese New Year is celebrated for 15 days!

In future, I will revert back to the step-by-step style of presenting my EOTD/FOTDs, subject to I have more time for myself. :)


Have a nice day!

6 comments:

gio said...

I love it! It's simple and natural but with a hint of color. It's beautiful and yellow looks great on you!

makeupjelena said...

Very pretty look :-)

hanidee said...

Bright future looks like such a beautiful yellow! Shame I didn't grab it when it came out!

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! And the look is quick to pull off too. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Jelena! :)

Vonvon said...

Yes, Dee! It's really bright and intense. Hopefully, MAC will repromote it in one of their coming collections, and you can get it then. :)

Haven't seen any yellow eyeshadow from MAC which comes close to Bright Future.