Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EOTD/FOTD: CNY Look - Soft Smoky Green

Yesterday, I shared with you the look I did on CNY eve, and today, it's the CNY look. Well, it wasn't a look done on the 1st day of New Year itself, as I was pretty busy that day spotting only my no-makeup makeup look. Anyways, the look that I am going to show you today was done last Saturday when I organized an Open House (basically, it's open, yea, everyone invited could feel free to come in at any time they wish within the stipulated time frame). :D But as it turned out, everyone decided to turn up all at once during tea time, which stretched way into dinner time. So, the more, the merrier!

Opsss, a little digression again......

CNY Look

This look wasn't really a planned look. All I knew when I sat down at my dresser to start putting on makeup like minutes before my first guests were scheduled to arrive, was I wanted to use MAC Ivy Fluidline from the Mickey Contractor collection. I didn't get to purchase any of the fluidlines, as by the time, I got to MAC MV, too late..... both the fluidlines were gone. But they still had the testers, so the sweet Hing 'decanted' a small amount of each for me. I will speak about the 2 gorgeous colors of Ivy and Siahi Fluidlines on another day.

So, I had to work my eye makeup around the beautiful jade green shade of Ivy Fluidline.




Eye Of The Day



1 - Define the brow with Dodo Tip Brow 03;
2 - Apply Stila Kitten eyeshadow all over the lid up to brow;
3 - Dab Stila Kitten eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eye;
4 - Apply MAC Humid eyeshadow (Frost finish) on the outer corner of the eye and blend inward and into the crease to create a light smoky effect;
5 - And now, I have the 'base' to line the upper lash line with MAC Ivy Fluidline from Mickey Contractor collection, Jan 2011;
6 - Finish off with Maybelline Magnum Super Film (in these EOTD photos, mascara was not applied yet.




Face Of The Day





Face: Sunplay Skin Aqua BB Cream
MAC By Candlelight MSF

Cheeks: Sleek Makeup Shimmer Blush in Pomegranate

Lips: Dodo Cosmetics Lip Gloss 08





Sesame of Viva Woman wanted to see the Chinese-style jacket by Monica Quen which I wore for CNY. I don't have a full picture of me wearing the jacket. So, for now, here it is, partly. ;)
Inner top: Gold turtleneck top from Victoria's Secret




4 comments:

hanidee said...

I like how soft you made humid on the outer corner. Nice look Von!

gio said...

Love this look! Greens look so great on you! Nice jacket too. :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Dee! Yes, Humid is a strong color with excellent color pay-off. But versatile, in that it can be blended and sheered out.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! I like green eyeshadows a lot, but somehow they just got overshadowed by the neutrals which I use so often, and the pinks and purples. ;)