Monday, March 28, 2011

FOTD: 5-Minute Neutral Spring Look With Dark Lips

Hello, hello, Good Monday! We are on Daylight Saving Time now in the Northern Hemisphere. Which means it's Spring time, err, well, Spring was officially here last Monday with the Equinox.

Cherry blossoms are sprouting everywhere....
This is one of the photos I took last week when I went out on my own spring walk to snap the spring blooms, as I have mentioned on my Facebook page.
Yea, I may not update this blog often, but I do go on Facebook almost everyday and you can read some updates from me there. :)


I know I keep on whining about all the backlogs which now probably are as thick as 10 Yellow Pages books. ;) And I have been 'chased' for some reviews to be published, so I guess I should buck up and pay more attention to my little blog which has been pretty neglected lately. I will try.....

Anyways, I want to share with you today the latest look I did, which was last week, when I went to the city centre with my girlfriend for a girls'/mummies' day out. It actually took about 10 minutes in total, 5-minute without taking into account prepping my face. Yes, usually, I will take about 5 minutes or more to put on a makeup base (sometimes), followed by foundation, or BB Cream alone, and set with a powder(highlighter). I have been reaching a lot for MAC By Candlelight MSF, and it especially makes my face glow after applying it on top of BB Cream. (Testified by my Turkish girlfriend who complimented me on my glowing complexion with that combo, and has since been introduced to BB Cream by Yours Truly.) :D

So, here's the quick look I did, which I think is quite a norm for me to spot. No detailed step-by-step photos, sorry.


Face Of The Day

Face: Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Instant Skin Perfecting Cream SPF26/PA+++ (BB Cream, in short);
MAC By Candlelight Mineralize Skinfinish as a finishing powder

Cheeks: Prorance Sunny Glam Water Glow -Skinfinish- M11 (to be reviewed soon)

Lips: MAC Kissable Lipcolour from Peacocky Collection - Love Peck (just dabbed it on with fingers for a more subtle color). Loving this shade a lot lately. I know it's warm and more of a Fall/Winter shade, but am loving it especially I am spotting minimal makeup nowadays, and this would be good to add a dash of color to my face.
Review and swatches of this shade here.


Eyes: Dodo Cosmetics Tip Brow 03 for the brow;
Benefit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in R.S.V.P. all over lids up to crease;
MAC Zoom Lash Zoomblack Mascara to the upper lashes.




Have a good week ahead!


2 comments:

rakhshanda said...

Lovely look!! Perfect for spring <3

gio said...

This is beautiful! I love that lip color on you!