Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Swatches & Reviews: MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolours in LOVE PECK, SCANDELICIOUS & WOO ME

I had planned this post for the middle of February, and just as I have finished playing with these MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolours, photographed them, and about to edit them, I received the unexpected phone call from my sis, and all I could do from then on, was to cry and cry, till I came back to Malaysia. And the tears just flowed.......

Anyways, as they say.....life goes on.... no matter how hard and painful it is...........

OK, so, I have 3 MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolours (RM80 each) in Love Peck, Scandelicious and Woo Me. I didn't manage to swatch Woo Me on my lips, but only the normal swatch on hand.



Let's start with Love Peck..........

Swatch of MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolour in Love Peck under yellow light(top) and in daylight(bottom)

When I saw the shade on the tube, I was like.... OMG, how am I going to wear such a thick brown shade, yes, that's how it looked like on first impression of the tube. But the actual shade is a deep rich berry shade which is more like my kind of shade. It may not be suitable for daily wear, or rather, day wear, but this shade can be toned down by dabbing it on the lips, instead of applying directly onto the lips with the applicator. The lip swatches below were done by applying directly from the applicator.

It is very pigmented, but the formula is not sticky, and lasts for about 2-3 hours on my lips without food or drink. With drinks, and some food, it fades to a fuchsia-tone shade on my lips.

Application directly from the applicator can be quite messy, and rather uneven. What you see in the photos below have been cleaned up. It would be best if applied by dabbing the color on with finger, or to use a lip brush.

At the time of writing, Love Peck is still available at certain MAC stores.


MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolour in Love Peck, applied directly with the applicator onto my lips - in daylight(top) and under yellow light(bottom)






Scandelicious............

Swatch of MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolour in Scandelicious under yellow light(top) and in daylight(bottom)

This shade is HOT! A bright shocking pink but not over the top. Pigmentation is excellent. And it stays on my lips for 2-3 hours without fading. With food and drink, of course, it fades slightly.
As with Love Peck, this shade can be toned down by dabbing it on with finger.


MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolour in Scandelicious, applied by dabbing with finger onto my lips - under yellow light(top) and in daylight(bottom)






MAC Peacocky Kissable Lipcolour in Scandelicious, applied directly with the applicator onto my lips - under yellow light(above)



Woo Me..........

Woo Me is a neutral shade with pink undertone. Would look great with smoky eye look, and a nude look.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow! Lovepeck is so gothic. I kinda like it. I'm really starting to get into dark plummy lips and it's a nice change too! I didn't get anything from this collection... but today Mac has churned out a mysterious "wonder woman collection". The normal me would buy it in an instance. U cannot imagine how had it was for me to walk away from the counter. Are you getting anything from this collection? Buy something to cheer yourself up (even if it's just a little).

Vonvon said...

Yes, Tracy. Love Peck is definitely something different.

I can imagine how hard it is, I am really attracted to the bright colorful packaging of Wonder Woman. Guess at times like this, bright colors can work wonders psychologically to cheer one up.

I have placed order for Pink Power MSF and Lady Justice eyeshadow quad. Thanks, Tracy.