Friday, April 22, 2011

Lipstick Of The Week: Review & Lip Swatches Of Sleek MakeUp True Colour Lipstick in O.M.G! - Orange Lips Trend & Some Looks

This Spring, the orange lips/lipsticks is in trend. So when Sleek MakeUp came out with new shades of their True Colour Lipsticks last week, and I found an orange lipstick among the 20 new shades, I decided to get it. And for the past week, I have been wearing O.M.G! everyday, pairing it with different eye looks - mostly neutrals (au naturel too), and some readers suggested on my Facebook page to pair with gold and beige/dark brown combo. Thanks, Dyna and Jess! :)

Let's take a look first at Sleek MakeUp True Colour Lipstick in O.M.G!, some lip swatches and sharing my thoughts on it with you.


Sleek MakeUp True Colour Lipstick in O.M.G!

This is a bright orange shade with a red undertone and the pigmentation is excellent! It has a SHEEN finish and contains Vitamin E. It applies smoothly, with a slightly creamy texture, but I wouldn't say that it's that moisturising. It doesn't dry my lips out, but after several hours of application, it just doesn't feel so creamy anymore, even without drinking or eating.
Duration of wear ranges from 4 to 5 hours, and then it starts to fade slightly. But with such great pigmentation, it fades very little into a more muted shade of orange which appears more red.

In all the lip swatches below, and looks, I applied the lipstick directly from the tube, but it took a while, as it did get a tad messy with some smearing. So I'd advise to use a lip brush for better application. And also a lip liner to prevent bleeding into the fine lines around the lips. I didn't use any lip liner, and I noticed some very slight bleeding (not really noticeable unless I look really closely at it). A nude shade lip liner or one that is similar to your lip tone would be good to complement this bright orange shade.

Each lipstick costs
£3.99 (for 3.5g) at Superdrug and Sleek MakeUp website.


Lip swatches of Sleek O.M.G!



The 2 photos above were taken under yellow lighting.
I applied one coat from the tube and blend it out with my finger.







The 3 photos above were taken under overcast daylight.
I applied one coat directly from the tube and slowly tidied up the edges.




Some looks that go with the orange lipstick (O.M.G!)

Au Naturel

Eyes: Dodo Cosmetics Tip Brow to define the brows

Face: Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30/PA+++;
MAC MSF By Candlelight as all over powder, and on the cheeks as blush.




With natural gold eyes

With natural gold eyes

Eyes: Benefit Cosmetics Silky Powder Eyeshadow in Fishnets to define the brows and line the upper lash line;
Stila Shadow Pot in Ice (a shimmery white shade) all over lid up to brow as a base;
KATE Loose Eyeshadow in GD-1 (pale gold) on the lids;
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara.

Face: Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30/PA+++
;
MAC MSF By Candlelight as all over powder, and on the cheeks as blush.





With champagne and brown eyes

Eyes: Benefit Cosmetics Silky Powder Eyeshadow in Fishnets to define the brows and line the upper lash line;
Korres Shimmering Sunflower Eyeshadow in 24S (a shimmery champagne gold shade) all over the lid up to brow;
Benefit Cosmetics Silky Powder Eyeshadow in Fishnets on the outer corner;
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara.

Face: MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage;
Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30/PA+++;
MAC MSF By Candlelight as all over powder.
Blush: Palgantong Kamayaki Cheek #04 Cappucino Brown.





With different shades of brown for the eyes

Eyes: Estee Lauder Spring 2011 Wild Violet Eyeshadow Palette
(breakdown of this look will be done in another post)

Face: MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage;
Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30/PA+++;
MAC MSF By Candlelight as all over powder.
Blush: Palgantong Kamayaki Cheek #04 Cappucino Brown (a mineralize blush - bronzy shade).





So, what do you think?
Do you have any other suggestion on how to wear O.M.G!? What colours will you wear on your eyes to pair with an orange lipstick? What blush would you wear?

I found 2 more orange-toned lipsticks from my stash. So, stay tuned to see which one I will use next week. :)

Have a nice weekend and Easter!



10 comments:

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

The color looks amazing on you! I'm definitely loving the orange-red lipsticks now! :) -Dawn

gio said...

What a pretty and bright shade! I don't think I could pull it off but it looks awesome on you!

Rae // theNotice said...

LOVE how orange lips look on you! I don't feel like I can pull it off most days (mainly just because I'm not huge on orange, lol) but they look absolutely fantastic with your colouring :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, Dawn! I am glad I got you to love orange lipsticks! :)

Vonvon said...

Thank you, gio! One of my brightest non-red lipsticks so far....

Vonvon said...

Thank you for the compliments, Rae! :) Trying to be different and it WORKS! And also reading a lot on Glitter Geek's writings on orange lipsticks.

meibaola said...

Nice looks! I have also embraced the orange lip trend and so far I have done looks very similar to yours. I also like very much to pair orange lips with gray-green eyeshadows, such as Lancome Erika F, and with Benefit Coralista.

Vonvon said...

Thank you, meibaola! Glad you are also into the orange lip trend. Great idea to pair it with Lancome Erika F. I have that eyeshadow, I shall try orange lips with Erika F next.

Witoxicity said...

Ah, I see what you mean. This one is sure bold and pigmented! Looks really good on you and your lovely lips, Vonvon. You're right, it goes very well with neutral eyes. Have a good weekend! :)

Vonvon said...

Aww, thank you for the compliments, Witoxicity. :) You are very kind.

And hope you'll enjoy your weekend too. Is sunshine coming your way? Expected to be cloudy and some showers over here this weekend.